Replacing an S8M150 with a Quad 60

I have a QuadDE100 on a 16k gallon pool and I never backwash, only clean it once per year. That said, I’m with @Jimrahbe … stay with a cartridge filter and don’t mess with DE. A clean and clear 520 would work perfectly on your pool …. There’s no downside to over sizing filter. Get the largest filter you can comfortably afford and don’t worry about matching the size to your pool … it doesn’t matter except when you UNDERSIZE a filter for a pool.

Is anything wrong ?

Your filter is 400 sq ft and should be GREAT for you.

The 500s likely fit the same S8M housing you have if you want 25% less cleanings. (Check with pentair first, of course).

Why do you want to replace it ?

SM,

Are you replacing a cartridge filter and going with a DE filter? :scratch:

Tell us more about your plan.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes the S8M150 is cracked and old , was going to use the quad 60 with no backwash valve . i was just confused because the s8m150 is 450 sqft and the quad 60 is 60sqft so i was not sure if it will be undersized.
SM,

Are you replacing a cartridge filter and going with a DE filter? :scratch:

Tell us more about your plan.

Thanks,

Jim R.

SM,

It is your pool and you should get what you want, but why go with old school DE?

I have the CCP-520, which is a Quad cartridge filter system. I love it. I will never go back to DE.

I originally wanted a DE filter but most of the cities in the DFW area require that DE filters be plumbed into your sewer, which I could not do. Now that I've used a large cartridge filter, I'm glad I did not go with DE.

I could go a whole year between cleanings, but normally clean my filter once in the spring and then once in the fall.

To directly answer your question... A Quad DE 60, 80 or 100 would all work for your pool. The bigger the filter, the less often you have clean it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

A cartridge filter will filter the water just as well as a DE filter - without the hassle of dealing with DE.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.