replacing a pentair motherboard

BluePoolTx

Jun 11, 2020
Houston, Texas
Hi all - i am looking for some pre-work help to ensure I don't screw up when replacing my Pentair motherboard. I have read and seen the following tips and wonder if you have others to share than the below...
1) be careful not to touch the board too much and only touch the edges if you can
2) maybe obvious to all but turn power off
3) take pictures of the connection before removing so you don't get a big mess
4) be careful with the pins due to fragile nature

Also, I don't have a remote so am thinking of taking pictures of current settings cause I am expecting they will all be lost when I replace the board. thoughts?

Also, I understand the pins can be fragile, any comments/suggestion?

Appreciate your sharing! Carla

Carla,

The boards are not quite as delicate as they appears, but I like your list.

Tell us why you are replacing the board??

Do you already have a new one?

Do you have ScreenLogic on your PC? If so, do screenshots of all your set up pages to help you set up the new board.. As just one example...

View media item 1964
Thanks,

Jim R.

Carla,

The boards are not quite as delicate as they appears, but I like your list.

Tell us why you are replacing the board??

Do you already have a new one?

Do you have ScreenLogic on your PC? If so, do screenshots of all your set up pages to help you set up the new board.. As just one example...

View media item 1964
Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks Jim for your quick response! Really appreciate the feedback that the boards are not as delicate as they appear! I have tried to read up and one source said to be careful of them.

I am replacing the board because the AUX 1 pin (if that is the right way to call them) broke. I have done some reading on fixing the "old" one but soldering is new to me. I have ordered a new board and hope it comes in soon. [board I will be removing is from 2017 so clearly the previous owners of my house had to replace it at some point]

Any trick to taking the AUX white holders out (again may not be the right)? I don't want to accidentally break something when I am moving them to the new board.

I don't have a screen logic, my system is pretty old (think was put in around 2008).

Again - thanks so much!
Carla

Morning Jim - thanks for your response. i changed it over the weekend and all went really well with one exception. Was wondering if you have an idea what I did wrong or how to fix it. All works when either prompted or scheduled to run. However, I noticed that prior to new motherboard, when I turned the cleaner on, it would start the filter first and then had a delay on the cleaner of 5 minutes. Now, it turns the cleaner on immediately and it doesn't turn the filter on. I would like the delay feature back as I understand that to be a safety feature and would like the filter to turn on automatically as well. The way I have addressed it right now is to schedule the filter to run and the cleaner when that is running. does this make sense? I have searched to see how to put the delay feature on and cant find anything other than it exists as a safety feature

Thanks for any thoughts
C

Carla,

The Aux circuit that runs your cleaner is most likely set to Generic.. You need to set the Circuit "Function" to Master Cleaner.

You need to move up into this Century and get a robot cleaner... :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.