NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Getting ready to replace my Hayward T15 and looking for possible recommendations for another cell. I looked at previous posts but didn’t find many recent recommendations.
Any help is appreciated.

I'd go with a Circupool RJ-60. It will make at least 50% more chlorine, needing less runtime. (They claim WAY higher, of course they do :ROFLMAO: ) Less runtime means more hours in lifespan left.

(Assuming you have no built in spa with a vinyl pool).

What’s your budget? How old is your controller?
If it’s older you really should look into upgrading to a larger system (60k gallon rated) as @Newdude suggested since your pool is so large . We recommend using a swcg rated for at least 2x’s your pool’s volume but 60k gal is as large as they make for residential units.
All outputs are not apples to apples either so you want the most #/day output you can get in your situation.
The largest Hayward cell available is the t-15 (40k gal) which may only barely keep up in the heat of the summer running around the clock. The max fc it can produce in your pool is 1.47# or 4.9ppm fc/day. You may find you need to supplement with liquid chlorine to maintain adequate
FC/CYA Levels
Average fc loss can be anywhere from 1-5ppm/day depending upon conditions.
This means you will run through the cell’s finite lifespan (10k hrs @100%) pretty quickly.
Here’s a good comparison chart with outputs, warranties etc.

I'd go with a Circupool RJ-60. It will make at least 50% more chlorine, needing less runtime. (They claim WAY higher, of course they do :ROFLMAO: ) Less runtime means more hours in lifespan left.

(Assuming you have no built in spa with a vinyl pool).
No built in spa

Reactions: Newdude
What’s your budget? How old is your controller?
If it’s older you really should look into upgrading to a larger system (60k gallon rated) as @Newdude suggested since your pool is so large . We recommend using a swcg rated for at least 2x’s your pool’s volume but 60k gal is as large as they make for residential units.
All outputs are not apples to apples either so you want the most #/day output you can get in your situation.
The largest Hayward cell available is the t-15 (40k gal) which may only barely keep up in the heat of the summer running around the clock. The max fc it can produce in your pool is 1.47# or 4.9ppm fc/day. You may find you need to supplement with liquid chlorine to maintain adequate
FC/CYA Levels
Average fc loss can be anywhere from 1-5ppm/day depending upon conditions.
This means you will run through the cell’s finite lifespan (10k hrs @100%) pretty quickly.
Here’s a good comparison chart with outputs, warranties etc.
My system is a few years old but may consider this later down the road. Appreciate the info

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.