Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I had a whisperflo VST installed today to replace my intelliflo VST. We can’t figure out how to connect it to the intelliconnect. Please help!

I had a whisperflo VST installed today to replace my intelliflo VST. We can’t figure out how to connect it to the intelliconnect. Please help!

WhisperFlo VST has the same drive interface as the SuperFlo VST and the same limitations.

Why did you replace your IntelliFlo VS pump with a WhisperFlo VST pump?

IntelliConnect will Not Control Superflo VS or VST or WhisperFlo VS Pumps Using RS-485​

You can setup a Superflo VS or VST pump as a Single Speed Pump on Relay 1 and control the speeds using the pump control panel.

The Superflo manuals say:

External Control via RS-485 The following instructions only apply to SuperFlo® VST and SuperMax® VS pumps manufactured after 10/15/20. For all other pumps, refer to External Control via Digital Inputs on page 6.

These pumps can be controlled from certain Pentair control systems, via an RS-485 signal, when paired with the RS-485 Automation Wiring Kit (P/N 356324Z - Black).

Note: IntelliConnect® Control and Monitoring Systems can NOT externally control this pump via RS-485. The pump will need to be connected via digital inputs. Refer to External Control via Digital Inputs on page 6.

The repairman said because it had 2” connections it was the only one that would work without changing the connections out. My pool is small and he said it would be fine for it. Is that not correct??

Talk to you repairman about exchanging the Whisperflo pump for an IntelliFlo pump that is compatible with your IntelliConnect.

Talk to you repairman about exchanging the Whisperflo pump for an IntelliFlo pump that is compatible with your IntelliConnect.
Thank you I will do that. I was surprised today when I went out after he installed and he said it was the whisper. Home warranty said it was being replaced with the same pump. I do understand that my old pump is obsolete but should have been an intelliflo I think. Thanks for the help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I guess your repairman never read the manual of the pump he sells…

See page 5 in the Whisperflo VST Installation Manual.

1694059983180.png

Thank you I will do that. I was surprised today when I went out after he installed and he said it was the whisper. Home warranty said it was being replaced with the same pump. I do understand that my old pump is obsolete but should have been an intelliflo I think. Thanks for the help!
Whisperflo VST pumps have different controls than IntelliFlo VS pumps. For the Intelliconnect you need the IntelliFlo controls.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.