Renovation in Northern VA... (DIY and Subcontractor)

Carla_IL

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Well I must be crazy, but part of this is the DIY'er in me. Some work I am doing and some I am subbing out. So today was demolition. Last week was installing automation (Easytouch 8)(Screenlogic), new pump (Superflo VS), SWG (IC40) and some actuators. I will attach a picture of the tile and coping I have chosen. Trying to decide what I do with the dang wall. Should I do a water feature hmm not sure. Opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• unnamed-4.jpg
    unnamed-4.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 77
  • unnamed-3.jpg
    unnamed-3.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 78
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 76
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Untitled 2.png
    Untitled 2.png
    158.9 KB · Views: 80
  • nochetumb.jpg
    nochetumb.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Slow and steady... I have no idea about style I am an engineer and geek. I need opinions:

1.) Travertine around entire spa lip or
2.) Tile...

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    528.3 KB · Views: 38

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Now you HAVE to use the BLING tile on the spa. I would do it as the water line tile inside and outside the pool as well as on the top of the spa wall! NOW comes the hard part. That curve of the spa top could cause some problems if your tile artists are not true artists with a big saw. Is there a 1x1 of the same tile?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.