Renovation in Northern VA... (DIY and Subcontractor)

Carla_IL

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Well I must be crazy, but part of this is the DIY'er in me. Some work I am doing and some I am subbing out. So today was demolition. Last week was installing automation (Easytouch 8)(Screenlogic), new pump (Superflo VS), SWG (IC40) and some actuators. I will attach a picture of the tile and coping I have chosen. Trying to decide what I do with the dang wall. Should I do a water feature hmm not sure. Opinions are welcome.

Attachments

Last edited:

Carla_IL

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Jimmy, Several days over the next week scraping grinding and using paint stripper to remove the paint power wash and stain.

jimmythegreek

TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 10, 2017
Morris Cnty NJ
Gotcha. If you are doing the coping yourself be careful its alot harder to fit like that than an install and then new deck. Dont be scared to trim that coping so the overhang is right if needed

Carla_IL

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Slow and steady... I have no idea about style I am an engineer and geek. I need opinions:

1.) Travertine around entire spa lip or
2.) Tile...

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Now you HAVE to use the BLING tile on the spa. I would do it as the water line tile inside and outside the pool as well as on the top of the spa wall! NOW comes the hard part. That curve of the spa top could cause some problems if your tile artists are not true artists with a big saw. Is there a 1x1 of the same tile?