removal of calcium from pool water line from tumbled travertine

tstex

Silver Supporter
Aug 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Hello to all,

Since I cannot use even any mild acids on a softer/porous stone like tumbled travertine, I was thinking of any good cleansing agents along w perhaps a very stiff rotary brush to use w a cordless drill. I have a host of wire brushes, but since travertine is probably not receptive to harsh abrasions, I will seeking some advice on options to clean up the stone. It also seems the problem is more evidenced on the side of the pool that receives less sun. The westside facing sun pool line has less of an issue.

I have kept my pool chemistries in check and have never had a high CA except when the gunite was curing. I just had to add some Ca bc the level was 180; I took it to 250.

Thank you very much.

Thank you Allen from the Garden State !

I will read-up on the links you sent and get back to you. But, do you know if the pumice stone comes in a disc-type format that can be used on either a cordless drill or orbital sander? I liked everything but the "elbow-grease" part :oops:

Had a break and read the Bar Keepers post...unfortunately the product is full of acid...it seerms the other option also used not 1 but 3 diff types of acids....this is okay for tile, but not travertine and any CA/Softer stones....I'm going to see what can be procured to operate w one of my power tools. If I find a viable option, I will post back b4's and afters. thanks again

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.