Murphysboro, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I just purchased a Circupool RJ-60+ system for my southern Illinois inground pool (description in my sig) to try and get ahead of the chlorine shortage this summer. I have 0 experience with salt water pools, but have done a lot of reading about them. I'm still not 100% convinced that the salt water won't destroy the concrete floor of my pool. Can anyone give me some piece of mind? We have a concrete floor and fiberglass sides, metal ladder and pool light. I ordered the sacrificial anode from Discount Salt Pools as well, as I am an electrical engineer and understand the effects of galvanic currents very well. The ladder and pool light are not bonded. The epoxy paint covering the concrete floor was *just* starting to flake up at the end of last year, so I anticipate having to repaint the floor next year. Will I be ok this year with salt? I am extremely diligent concerning pool chemistry.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: The minimal salt level required for our SWG pools (~3500 - 4,000 ppm) will not damage your pool. If anything damages concrete, it's an owner's inability to maintain recommended levels overall. With your background, you probably have an appreciation for using the proper equipment. We encourage all TFP members to test their own water using either a TF-100 (link in my signature) or Taylor K-2006C. Those are very user-friendly and provide reliable results. As for the bonding, I'll tag @JamesW for some assistance on that one. Great to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.