Refurb 2005 pool outside of Dallas, plaster, tile, New LEDs, new sheers.

Here's an additional document for Startup Tec.

Seems like for an Aquabright pool it is essentially a sequestrant. Mcgrayel evaluated all of the sequestrants available and found their produced the best results. (The other evaluators got fired). [emoji846]

Brian - is this the product or process you use?

I'm not suggesting anything else to the OP. Just fostering a conversation regarding the new AB product and its startup.

http://mcgrayel.com/files/Startuptec_guidelines.pdf

Here's an additional document for Startup Tec.

Seems like for an Aquabright pool it is essentially a sequestrant. Mcgrayel evaluated all of the sequestrants available and found their produced the best results. (The other evaluators got fired). [emoji846]

Brian - is this the product or process you use?

I'm not suggesting anything else to the OP. Just fostering a conversation regarding the new AB product and its startup.

http://mcgrayel.com/files/Startuptec_guidelines.pdf

I don't do any special startup... I just dump a gallon in as it's filling.

The pb sent their girl to do startup
She had no special chemicals just attempted to balance pH, calcium, ta and added stabilizer and put 4 pucks in the skimmers.

She dumped 1/2 gallon of acid when pool math said
8 pz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Need to talk to pb and jandy to see if it's possible to stop the LEDs on red ... It's not a selectable color but does appear in the color splash IMG_20170516_212353.jpg

Light's look great! I'm in the same boat.....my Color Logics wont stop on Red either. Yet they briefly flash red during one of the "light shows". So frustrating that one of the most universal popular colors isn't available. I contacted Hayward support and they confirmed that I would have to upgrade my Automation system from E-Command to the Pro Logic system in order to accomplish this. In the end it's my own fault for not doing a bit more research on that aspect; but really wish PB would have laid out the options.

If you are into really setting the "ambiance"; you should see about getting some Philips Hue lights out there. I have some pics on the last page of my build that I posted of mine. Link in sig.

Today I realize that the salt level is at 4500 ppm

then I decide to go out to turn off the skimmers to pull a foot or so of water from the main drain and found out that the main drain plugs are still in ...

Wow ....
The girl who did the chemicals must have just kept putting in salt till the cell read a good number and the cell never read a good number because the salt was pooling in the bottom with no drains running. Im guessing eventually the polaris cleaner stirred things up enough to distribute it

When I found that the main drains were still plugged, I decided to try to swim down and unscrew the covers then try to unscrew the plug. This is what I found under the cover ...a couple pounds of salt still undisolved covering the plug. I managed to unscrew the plug so now one of the 2 drains is working, which makes clearing all the dust and debris off the bottom easier, but the salt that I had down to 3800 is back over 4000. IMG_1266.jpg

Sorry for blurry picture , what you see is the cover off and the open drain full of salt

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.