Recommendations for variable speed pool pumps?

M,

I believe that the Pentair IntelliFlo pump is the gold standard of pool pumps...

That said, why do you want a VS pump? Unless you have automation, a spa, or water features, where you need to have several speeds, a 2-speed pump might be a better fit for you.

One of the main advantages of a VS pump is so that you can run at a low speed most of the time and save on the electrical bill. You might have a hard time doing that with a Tab feeder, as they don't function well at low speeds.

Let's see what our other members have to say..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I agree it think that the Pentair Intelliflo VSF is the best pool pump many can buy. That pump Has a 3HP (3.9 total) so it can be a little bit over kill for some pools under 20,000 Gallons unless you have a big spa or lots of water features. If you have a basic pool or a small pool then I would get the Pentair Superflo VS 1.5 Hp (2.20 total)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.