Ready to SLAM and I have some questions

You started this needing to SLAM, right? If so, you need to SLAM once the pool is full. Should go quickly.

Hi Marty,
Quick follow-up. The DE filter crushed the iron precipitate and cleared it right up. I had to backwash it a couple times. I drained the pool about halfway and had city water trucked in then initiated the SLAM. The SLAM process went very quickly and I am now burning off the excess chlorine.

I plan to use up the extra bleach then replace my SWCG with an RJ60 instead of just replacing the T-Cell 15...a new RJ60 at DSP is about 2x the price of replacing the T-Cell 15 but generates significantly more chlorine and has a much longer warranty. We'll see how that goes. I am still raising the salt level and TA is still high but Pool Math says to lower it with acid and aerate, which I still need to do. The pool looks fantastic with no algae.

pH: 7.5
FC: 12
CC: 0-0.5
CH: 250
TA: 110
CYA: 60-70
Salt: 2400

Thanks for all your support during my panic...the pool looked like coffee when the iron precipitated out last week.

Reactions: NorCalX
Sounds great! No reason to push the TA down unless you find the pH rising very fast.

Now for my cheesy sales pitch ----
We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.
We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.
Support TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.