QUICK RESPONSE NEEDED - POWER OUT POOL NOT TOTALLY FILLED!!!!

RuralTexas

Mar 3, 2019
Houston area
Do I sound a little panicked?

We are about 2 inches from having the plaster covered with water. Are we totally screwed when it comes to getting a permanent ring around the pool?

Power might not come back for a couple of hours.... currently I went out and splashed some water on the dry bits and plan to do so again every 20 minutes.

:shock: I was not thinking of power going out!!! I guess I will have to add that to my post about adding water. What did you do to move the water? Just how long was the power out? I am going to use this as a learning tool for me for future builds. :hug:

Reactions: Shirker

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
@kimkats I splashed water up where the plaster was dry several times and stirred with my skimmer net - we had a new one waiting due to our many trees. A slight breeze showed up which was a big help - the water was high enough to be stirred by the breeze. Power was out for 2 hours.

Are there any pictures of pools with rings from stopping the fill? Hoping I won't be providing one.

Another friend suggested we drop our old septic pump into the water. Its quite clean after draining the pool during the big rain that followed our gunite.

Last edited:
Do you have a gennie? Is that why the thought of the septic pump? I would not have wanted that unless you found something to sit it on to keep it from marring the new plaster.

I will have to look for a picture. The one I remember was quite pronounced but it had sat all night with the water flow off and no movement.

I do know some pools where they have to wait for a water truck to bring the water. Best case they would have 2 or more trucks filling and getting new water but that does not always happen so the water sits until the water truck gets back. I am willing to bet there will not be any problems with your plaster due to your efforts! WELL DONE! :hug:

Kim:kim:

Reactions: RuralTexas
What a bummer! Glad it all worked out. I guess here in the southeast hurricane land it's a must to have a generator. It comes in handy for many reasons.
Since its rural Texas, we have two generators, one for us and one for our friends and family to borrow :cheers: Our neighbors have an entire home generator that runs on propane. I gave some serious thought to going door to door to borrow hoses to string across the pasture to their faucet. 100 ft of hose can look really, really short at such times. The neighbors would have been happy to help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.