Our 1st pool! Backyard transformation and upcoming Intex 9x18 AGP install.

Are the Intex solar heaters complete junk? I was considering getting 2-3, maybe 4 if they actually worked.
The rule of thumb on solar heaters is 50% to 100% sq ft coverage of the pool surface area. Being so far north, I'd aim for 125% to ensure it worked at all.

No experience with the solar heaters so I’m no help there but maybe you could build a little shed with a hinged lid for your equipment & paint it grey.

Reactions: DigitalGuru
When I had the smaller intex equipment & pools I always just had an outdoor table that sat kinda over it. I could simply move the table if I needed but it was where I would stand & do things (add chems infront of the return) & have somewhere to sit my stuff. It also shaded my equipment & my bottle of chlorine.
If I was in the pool & needed the little skimmer net it was laying on the table or I had somewhere to put my drink etc.
since the table was behind the pool it was hidden from view.

i was thinking more like a lightweight box type table situation that you could simply pick up & move if needed. Wood legs, plywood top (covered in something waterproof) with plastic lattice side panels so the equipment can breathe. Tiki bar equipment cover 😊

I would not build or put up a solid box or such around the equipment.
I've been going back and forth on this idea. I like the idea of it being hidden and a place for some of the accessories adjacent to the pool, and I planned on adding ventilation for it so it was getting expensive. The one we wanted was $500 plus $75 for the fan, more if we want it on a thermostat. Plus, I'm still learning how to use the filter pump, so leaks and floods are common. 🤣 To save some cash for now, I'm planning on just remaking the platform with pressure treated 2x4 and 2x 24"x24" pavers that match our new 12" ones, just 2" thick instead of 1.5" today. I do like the lattice idea to clean it up a bit though so thanks for that!

Just replaced the filter pump and SWG platform. The previous one wasn't pressure treated, just a frame I had on hand. PT 2x4 with 2x 24"x24x2" matching pavers.

Attachments

• PXL_20240421_221945652.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    PXL_20240421_221945652.RAW-01.COVER.jpg
    699 KB · Views: 4