Western KY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just opened my pool. Temp of water 45 should I add chlorine until swg starts working or just keep an eye on the temp and add chlorine now. I like to keep cya at 70 and so will add some this weekend and chlorine I like around 5. Thanks in advance. I need to clear the cobwebs from my brain ?7C1061B0-3996-44BB-9517-E3FB800B864A.png

Add chlorine now and manage it as a non-SWG pool following the FC/CYA Chart until you get your SWG running.

Of interest to me and possibly others... I have several gallons of last years 12% chlorine left in the basement. I added one gallon and FC came up to 3 and then added another gallon and FC is at 6. So my guess is my chlorine is about 6% or thereabouts. I am going to leave my CYA where it is and once the weather warms I’ll increase it to 70.

Hey Welcome back.. Glad to see your up and running once again, Scheduled to open mine on the 25th of April.. Truly amazing how much one can forget when not doing it on a daily basis..
Good luck this season :)

Of interest to me and possibly others... I have several gallons of last years 12% chlorine left in the basement. I added one gallon and FC came up to 3 and then added another gallon and FC is at 6. So my guess is my chlorine is about 6% or thereabouts. I am going to leave my CYA where it is and once the weather warms I’ll increase it to 70.

that might actually be closer to 8%
1/2 a gallon of 6% raise my chlorine 3ppm....in a pool with half the water capacity as yours.
I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Thasista
Hey Welcome back.. Glad to see your up and running once again, Scheduled to open mine on the 25th of April.. Truly amazing how much one can forget when not doing it on a daily basis..
Good luck this season :)
For sure! Pool temp up to 68!

Welcome HOME!!! Hoping things are going great with you and yours! You got some solid advice above!

Kim:kim:
Thanks! And it’s going great. Pool temp up to 68 so all is good. The grand kids are dying to get in! Baby number 5 arrived so my daughter is ready for me to take the littles swimming!

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.