Question about Hardwiring Pentair OP-NI-1VD Pump - Confused about Spade Connectors

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I am trying to help my neighbor with his pump. It's a Pentair OP-NI-1VD (Part No. 347987). It's currently wired with a black cord that runs to a piece of NMLTC and is spliced with electrical tape. Definitely not good. On my pool, the NMLTC runs from the timer directly into the motor housing. From there, there are screw terminals for the conductors. I was expecting the same configuration with this pump, but it does not appear to have screw terminals. The incoming black cord has these spade connectors on the ends. If I remove each connector, I see a bolt, but I don't know if it's intended for a copper conductor to be placed underneath it. I guess the original black cord has had the plug cut off, so it can no longer be plugged into a receptacle. I'm trying to figure out if I can hardwire the pump or splice the black cord into an electrical box. Worst case scenario, he will have to order a new cord, and I guess install a receptacle.

I appreciate any input/advice.

IMG_3850.jpg
IMG_3851.jpg

The OptiFlo pump is available with 3 ft. cord, with a twist lock or standard plug.

You can see the cords at the bottom of this page...

To connect electrical wires you usually have a screw head, not a bolt nut.

The OptiFlo pump is available with 3 ft. cord, with a twist lock or standard plug.

You can see the cords at the bottom of this page...

To connect electrical wires you usually have a screw head, not a bolt nut.
Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.