Puzzles over pressure gauge and zero flow.

Mar 26, 2018
Sulphur Springs, NE Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I looked for another thread to explain this - sorry if I missed it.
A new Lowe's pressure gauge for my sand filter registered maybe around 15 (? - unsure), but then I unscrewed it (why? I forget. Got hit by the 'water cannon'!). Screwed it back, now read zero.
Got a new one, read about 8. Had vacuumed a little beforehand but not backwashed (oops? - but hardly vacuumed anything up). Added some de, pressure about 9ish.
This morning 'everything's running fine' but nothing from return? (Pressure says 15). Backwash and rinse. Restart. Return jet now fine. Pressure zero. Add 1 cup de. Pressure still zero but everything else seems perfectly fine.
Puzzled?!

Thank you mas985 I will check the gauge, and mknauss it is just a cheap Lowe's 0-60.
I was real surprised that the recommended one here was only $16 compared to the Lowe's for $10? :unsure: :giggle:
This morning there's still return flow and all seems fine - except of course the gauge reading zero.

Honestly I've never had a working gauge before - got the pool 5 or 6 years ago with a smashed and mashed and 'bodyless' gauge with a buckled and crushed face, then got some equipment that included a gauge with just a cracked gauge, never worked.
Just redid the whole pump/filter setup (no more grit or dirty cloud or sand blowing into pool 😀 )
and decided to 'treat' myself to a working gauge.
AND thought that trying the de addition I thought knowing pressure was more important (?)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.