Pump sitting on concrete blocks

miamicuse

May 26, 2019
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
I have recently raised my pump to sit on three 4" concrete blocks.

It is not very steady. It doesn't move while it's operating, but if I need to open the lid, I struggle with opening it without rotating either the concrete block or the pump even if I am steadying the motor with one hand.

Which leads to the question, do I have the pump positioned correctly over the blocks?

There are two "feet" (labeled B) in the middle of the housing, which I guess is a "hold down" but my blocks are not as wide. There is also a plastic "tail" (labeled A), should I move the blocks closer to the motor which is heavier? Like center the blocks between the mid point between A and B?

Sorry if this is an exceedingly stupid question. :unsure:

In all honesty, I would redo the plumbing so the pump sits on a single concrete paver pad on the ground. IMO that’s a disaster waiting to happen, as the vibration will cause you problems with the plumbing.

At the very minimum, you need bigger blocks under the pump to support it better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.