Pump not pumping, no display.

Do you have automation? Please fill out your signature.
If built a year ago, file a warranty claim with your pool builder.

Marc,

Do you have a standalone pump and SWCG, or are they connected to an automation system like the EasyTouch?

The first thing you should do is reset all the breakers by turning them off and back on.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Marc,

Do you have a standalone pump and SWCG, or are they connected to an automation system like the EasyTouch?

The first thing you should do is reset all the breakers by turning them off and back on.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes sir. I reset breakers. I can hear juice and the salt cell lights are on. Also the control panel where I turn pull lights on etc has power and shows time. The pump is just not on nor the display.

Marc,

Most likely the pump is bad, but you need to make sure the you have 240 Volts AC at the two hot inputs to the pump. (L1 and L2).

Use a voltmeter and measure between L1 and L2 and confirm that you 240 volts AC. Do not measure L1 to ground and then L2 to ground as this can give you a false reading. Only measure between L1 and L2 right at the pump.

It there anything between the circuit breaker and the pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Do you have automation? Please fill out your signature.
If built a year ago, file a warranty claim with your pool builder.
No cool automation. Just a panel to time my pump, lights and cleaner. I’ll fill out signature. Thanks sir. I’ve contacted builder via email. I’ll call them Monday
Marc,

Most likely the pump is bad, but you need to make sure the you have 240 Volts AC at the two hot inputs to the pump. (L1 and L2).

Use a voltmeter and measure between L1 and L2 and confirm that you 240 volts AC. Do not measure L1 to ground and then L2 to ground as this can give you a false reading. Only measure between L1 and L2 right at the pump.

It there anything between the circuit breaker and the pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. No sir. The pool has its own breaker box. I noticed this morning the cleaner is still moving in tbe pool. Less gusto but it’s moving.

No cool automation. Just a panel to time my pump, lights and cleaner.
You show a VS pump and an Intellichlor SWCG. Can you show a picture of this panel? The VS pump should have power to it at all times and the SWCG must be powered completely off when the pump is not running.

No cool automation. Just a panel to time my pump, lights and cleaner. I’ll fill out signature. Thanks sir. I’ve contacted builder via email. I’ll call them Monday

Thanks. No sir. The pool has its own breaker box. I noticed this morning the cleaner is still moving in tbe pool. Less gusto but it’s moving.
Booster-pump cleaner? Don't let it run like that, it will, eventually, damage shaft seal/motor. They are not supposed to be able to self-prime, but on occasion I've seen it happen. Don't depend on it to continue without an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.