Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
Hi all!

We made it to the end of last season and the start of this season (we opened in March), but it seems our pump is finally biting the dust. Woke up this morning to the pump not on - checked and all breakers are fine, and it isn’t even humming when I flip the switch.

Sooooooo. Recommendations still the same? It seems strange that our capacitor went so many times in the past two years - perhaps the pump was the incorrect one from the start? (I know going with a SS was the wrong choice).

Thanks!!

Welcome back SIS !!!! It's a blessing in disguise. The new pump will pay for itself, it's just suck to shell it out ahead of time.

Do you want to stay with Hayward ? Their large VS pumps are as good (great) as any.

Consider a Calimar 3 HP VS also. Availability has been an issue but it's $519 and holding string for many so far.

thanks!! :)

Since I don’t have automation, I don’t think I need to stick with Hayward? I really don’t have a preference either way!

Since I don’t have automation, I don’t think I need to stick with Hayward? I really don’t have a preference either way!
If there's a chance of one day automating, I'd stay in the family.

Without it, your flagship brand pump didn't last. (Albeit probably not the best one they offer). A generic won't do worse and will likely exceed expectations. 🤷‍♂️

Hi all!

We made it to the end of last season and the start of this season (we opened in March), but it seems our pump is finally biting the dust. Woke up this morning to the pump not on - checked and all breakers are fine, and it isn’t even humming when I flip the switch.

Sooooooo. Recommendations still the same? It seems strange that our capacitor went so many times in the past two years - perhaps the pump was the incorrect one from the start? (I know going with a SS was the wrong choice).

Thanks!!
Recommendation for a variable-speed motor is still good (see the old post). If you like the performance of your existing pump and have no automation, the Nidec Neptune NPTT165 will bolt right to the wet-end without any replumbing. Add a GO KIT3 for the rest of the parts. All for about $590.00. All motor control is on the motor itself; run times and speeds. That is the same with most all VSP. That's less than half a new VSP. While nothing is as good as new except new, I replace motors on pumps regularly and they last a long time.