Pump motor failing, need advice.

WiFi:
Yeah, it's pricy. I was thinking more along the lines of Raspberry Pi or Arduino for a DIY solution.

I NEED to mount the controller somewhere else as you can see:
IMG_20210226_011029456.jpg

To get that in there, I had to remove the controller completely. I chatted with Inyo prior to doing that, and they informed me it was OK to do:

IMG_20210225_222554568.jpg

I got an email from Inyo a couple of hours later that I should NOT remove the controller. However the deed was already done.

Now I need to find out where to get some wire like they use in the controller, so I can mount it somewhere reachable.

IMG_20210225_234546129.jpg

I felt like a contortionist yesterday.

So I mounted the controller remotely. It seems sprinkler wire is appropriate for the job. It ended up being 18agw, rather than the original 20agw(probably) that the original is.

IMG_20210227_215653933.jpg
IMG_20210227_215645135.jpg

I'm not sure how "waterproof" that housing is, though it must be since it was originally just mounted on top of the motor. I'll probably mount it inside a waterproof housing anyway to protect it from the sun and increase water incursion protection.

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Reactions: mknauss
Hello again! I recently replaced a single speed pump with a VS one and posted it here. Mostly done now.

HOWEVER! Since the area is now dry and free of a leaky pump, a new leak at the pvc outlet from the pump, just before the 90 bend.

Here's a pic:

MVIMG_20210228_200340099.jpg

I intend to patch this for now, but want to prepare for eventually replacing it. I feel like there's not a lot of room there to work with. Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.