Pump Kaput

Jeff J.

Aug 6, 2019
Staten Island NY
My pump died about a week ago 😢. It's a Hayward Superpump 1.5 HP. We moved into the house about fifteen years ago, so I guess it had a good run. I'm closing soon, so I'm putting it off to spring. Should I try to get it repaired? If I buy a new one, any suggestions with my pool?

Please post a picture of the pump & motor labels. If the pump is in good shape then you can just swap out motors. There's lots of choices in motors, variable speed, two speed, single speed & energy efficient. If you decide to swap motors then you'll also need a new seal set, gaskets & possibly an impeller.

Any idea what happened to the current motor? If it's humming but not starting you might just need a capacitor.

Please post a picture of the pump & motor labels. If the pump is in good shape then you can just swap out motors. There's lots of choices in motors, variable speed, two speed, single speed & energy efficient. If you decide to swap motors then you'll also need a new seal set, gaskets & possibly an impeller.

Any idea what happened to the current motor? If it's humming but not starting you might just need a capacitor.
I'll post a picture when I get home. I don't know what happened, it was working fine, and the other day I turned on the sword, it hummed for a second, then nothing. Now it's totally dead. I'll check the circuit breaker in the basement, but everything else seems to work.
[/FC_CYA_VIDEO]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.