New pump. Any suggestions on run times?

Find the minimum rpm needed to run the SWCG. Add a couple hundred rpm. Then determine how long you need to run it to create the chlorine you need each day. That is your minimum. From there, does it skim the water properly? If so, you have found your needed rpm and run time.

You lower the rpm on the pump until the SWCG shows a flow error. Then raise the rpm by 200 rpm and that is your minimum rpm to operate the SWCG.

You have a sand filter so maybe add a bit more rpm - once the filter gets dirty your flow rate will drop. Or else do the flow rate test with a clean filter and a dirty filter and choose the higher rpm

OK, great. Took my lunch break to get it plumbed and wired up. I'm letting it sit for a while so the PVC glue will harden. I would like set it up to run X amount of hours and off Y amount of hours so I need to read up on it and figure it all out. Thanks.

OK, bit of a problem. I bought a 2" to 1.5" reducer to connect my 1.5" to the new pump. And now I have water pouring out of the pump at the reducer. I guess I should have used 2" pipe for a bit then necked it down. Is there a way to salvage the Union Connector or do I need to buy one at the hardware store?

There should not be water pouring out due to a reducer. :scratch:

Did you forget to glue it or what???

Thanks,

Jim R.
No, I glued it all but those reducers were 2" to 1.5" reducers (https://www.lowes.com/pd/Charlotte-Pipe-2-IN-X-1-1-2-IN-SCH40-REDUCER-BUSHING/5012474889) and they free spun in the 2" connectors provided by Hayward. I learned my lesson and purchased two more connectors from a pool store and run 2" pipe into those connectors. My only worry right now is I have the 2" pipe necked down to 1.5" pipe with a DWV reducer. So far it's running fine with no leaks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.