Pump getting hot, burning smell, shutting off

Wife and I chatted, probably best bet is to go ahead and get a Variable Speed Pump. How is This? Still 1k+ for us is too much right now, but this seems good for price. Is 1.4hp enough? I am having a difficult time understanding GPM and how it translates to HP

See if you can fix the problem by bypassing the voltage selector switch and just wiring direct.

If it's not obvious how to do it, show some pictures of the front and back of the terminal board with the wires connected and I might be able to describe how to fix it.

Document in detail with pictures where the wires go before removing anything.

If we can get the motor to work, I would downsize the impeller to a SPX2607C or even a SPX2605C model.

Thank you so much for the help. I was looking and saw this one? Looks like it will fit with my current setup since the housing / basket area is already good to go and I dont mind spending a little more for something like this. Assuming its 240v (checking in the AM have to run and get a voltage meter)

That can work if you have 230 volts available.

The correct impeller would be the SPX2610C.

The screw at the red arrow can sometimes allow water to leak into the wiring compartment.

Just seal that and it should be OK.

InkedCentury V-Green 1.65_LI.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There are a bunch of videos showing the process of replacing a seal or motor for the superpump.

Review a video or two to get the basics.

Don't use regular lube to install the seals; use seal lube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.