Pump/Filter/Valve/pretty much everything problems

Mar 27, 2013
Newark, DE
I have an older Pentair NSP 36 Stainless Steel filter. I've only replaced the grids over the last 15 years and that is when we bought the house, so not sure how old everything is now.

Pump = Pentair Challenger High Flow CFII-N1-1 1/2A with Centurion for PAC-FAB 1-1/2 hp 1.1 SF Motor
Valve = Slider
Filter = Pentair NSP 36 Stainless Steel D.E.
Auto Chlorinator = Hayward in-line

So it has some issues currently.
1. variable amount of water leak at the bottom of the pump housing under and behind the drain plug.(removed last night and saw a good crack about 3 inches long by the drain plug channel, tried JB-Weld, no luck)
2. Motor is old, possible louder than it should be, bearings?
3. Filter grid Manifold looks like it imploded, screen is crushed inwards, and one arm of the mainfold looks like it was crushed and has cracks all over, used JB Weld on that, seems to have worked. No DE released from return lines.
4. Odd gurgle noise from pressure release valve on top of tank when turned off, could be o-rings are bad.
5. Pinhole leak at upper tank valve connection, comes and goes as it wants.
6. Chlorinator, small leaks when it wants, from either top or drain plug.
7. Small amount of air bubbles coming from the closest return to the filter, I would say they are micro bubbles and no discoloration.

So where should I start?
Apply for a small loan and go new?
or start with the big items and replace them?
and in what order?

Thanks in advance,

Can we see some pictures of your equipment? What is your location? Some states no longer allows single speed pumps. Electric Co. usually run rebates if you buy a variable speed pump. My impression is you need the whole nine yards. Also fill in your signature with your pool volume and type of build.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.