Pump breaker tripping

Bacchusc

Nov 20, 2019
Wilsonville Oregon
Hi, I’m having kind of a weird issue. I went to get the pool going for thanksgiving. When I went to turn on the pump, the pump turned on very briefly and than the breaker tripped. Now the breaker trips immediately. The breaker even trips when I have the pump turned off on the touch panel. I have an electrician coming to check the breaker but I thought I would see if anyone had any ideas. Sorry for the lack of detail we recently moved into the house and I’m not currently home. But the previous owner says he has never had this problem. Thank you

Bac,

Just not enough to go on w out knowing your equipment type(s), the true history of the pump, electric panel, age of equipment, etc. But, it sounds like the breaker could be bad, short somewhere, etc... all speculation. Let us know what your electrician says

Last edited:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: tstex is right, we would need more info. But we are curious to hear what you find out since each pool owner's experience adds to someone else's knowledge bank. When you get a moment, please update your signature for us with all of your pool and equipment info. Include your test kit as well. It makes thing much easier in the future when we try to help. If you learn anything new about the power issue and have addition input or questions, please let us know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.