mmardini

Jul 21, 2020
Palm Springs, ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is it ok to use a pumice stone on glass tile? I keep reading ok for porcelain but what about glass if I use it gently? Don’t have much calcium build up but want to catch it as it forms to make my life easier! Thank you

You should be able to. I would not be very forceful. Glass tile in a hard water area, as was discussed before, is a challenge.

You should be able to. I would not be very forceful. Glass tile in a hard water area, as was discussed before, is a challenge.
It really is! I literally clean the tiles 5 days a week using a tile cleaning solution (for pools) and it’s STILL forming. I’m at a loss. Everyone warned me but they said it’s a lot of maintenance which I don’t mind. But even my
Maintenance isn’t working that well!

It really should not be that bad. I do not get a scale line at all, only evaporite scale on the grout that has cracks in it. Are you using soft water for fill water?

So far we don’t have much of any on the actual tile, mainly just the grout on the spillway from the spa to the pool. None on the waterline thankfully. We don’t have a soft water system but I was just talking with my husband that maybe we should have one installed. Better for all our water faucets etc in the house as well. Would that help a lot?

Soft water will help as time goes on. Right now you will close to triple your CH level in a year or so.

If you are getting it on the grout, they did not use the correct grout. I was did not know about that when they installed my grout. Should be an epoxy grout. Installers do not like to use it as it is much more difficult. But with out it, you get what we have, scale on the grout.

Soft water will help as time goes on. Right now you will close to triple your CH level in a year or so.

If you are getting it on the grout, they did not use the correct grout. I was did not know about that when they installed my grout. Should be an epoxy grout. Installers do not like to use it as it is much more difficult. But with out it, you get what we have, scale on the grout.

ugh really? I wasn’t aware there is a special kind of grout! That’s frustrating. I’m guessing there is nothing I can do about it at this point? I was kicking myself earlier for choosing a grey grout instead of white.

Would it be beneficial to do a partial drain every year or so? To keep the calcium levels down? I’m not concerned about the cost of water, it cost about 45$ to fill the entire pool!

You can drain and refill every year. You have to add in costs of any chemicals to get the water started. Acid, CYA, salt, etc.
I installed a water softener as my wife said the water is not comfortable when the CH got above 700 ppm or so. Dried her skin. Does not bother me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.