Memphis, TN
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just replaced all 4 fittings on the lines coming out of the booster pump. 2 were leaking but they came in a 4 pack so I replaced all 4. Do I need to do anything special to prime it before firing it back up or should the system self prime? Thanks

The booster pump is fed by your main pump. No need to prime.

Thank you, I replaced the upper booster pump hose fittings, which was the one leaking, and O Rings in one of the valves (was hissing after shut down) last night also. I had a big air bubble in the pump basket and spitting bubbles out of the return. I didn’t worry about priming because no water came out and it’s just the vacuum but that other hose was gurgling and water came out when I disconnected it today. I have 0 air bubbles in the pump cover now, it’s so clear that when I look at it I have to do a double take to make sure there is water in it. Lol. Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.