Possible New Pool In Central FL

OH! That is one of my fav tiles!!!! The color of the grout is VERY important for this one.
-white will make each tile stand out
-gray will help the tiles to blend together

BOTH are very pretty!! You cannot go wrong with either one!

Kim:kim:

OH! That is one of my fav tiles!!!! The color of the grout is VERY important for this one.
-white will make each tile stand out
-gray will help the tiles to blend together

BOTH are very pretty!! You cannot go wrong with either one!

Kim:kim:

Probably going to go with a grey/charcoal grout

Reactions: kimkats
Well plumbing started today and it's a little more than I thought there would be.

3 questions (not plumbing related)....
1) can anyone comment on the wash out in the gunnite? Not worried from structural standpoint but I've had two different interior companies come out and one didn't think it was a problem and the other didn't know what to do about it.

2) one of the bubblers ended up a little to low (subflush on the gunite). Should I grind the gunnite around it down to give it a nice gentle slope? Or is this something an interior company should do standard?

3) on the bubblers do I run the electrical line now or after the interior finish goes in? There is this floating collar that sits on top of the finish I think.

Attachments

• 20200811_185607.jpg
    20200811_185607.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200811_161716.jpg
    20200811_161716.jpg
    556.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20200811_161705.jpg
    20200811_161705.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200811_161806.jpg
    20200811_161806.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Spookie
When you talk about "wash out" what do you mean? I think I know from looking at the pics on the last page but wanted to make sure before I commented.

I am going to ping a couple of people who will know the answers to the other two questions @bdavis466 @jimmythegreek

I'm talking about the "grooves" in the bottom of the pool when it rained and washed away a little bit of the gunite. I can try to get a better picture.

The plaster guys will fill any imperfections in the shell. The plumbing guys are responsible for proper stub outs make sure plaster crew okays them and can blend them in.
As for electric on bubblers are we talking laminar bubblers?

The plaster guys will fill any imperfections in the shell. The plumbing guys are responsible for proper stub outs make sure plaster crew okays them and can blend them in.
As for electric on bubblers are we talking laminar bubblers?

The bubblers are led color changing Brilliant Wonders LED Bubbler - CMP Pool Products

If it only washed away a little bit then it is okay AND they can add some gunite to that area if needed as well. Then the plaster will pretty that area up.

Thanks. I talked to the gunite crew and they have to come out and chip out and fill the outside of the spa that has a big void in it. While they're out here they're going to drain, pressure wash, and flash the bottom of the pool at no charge just to help smooth it out.

Reactions: kimkats
Those bubblers need a 1" conduit back to the pad. You transition to 1.5" before the bottom with a sweep fitting and leave 12" of straight run to the bottom port. The side port is the water feed they have a quick disconnect fitting. I suggest going to their site and reading the tech info it has everything you need to do and very detailed. For gunite pools there is a trim kit needed I beleive

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Those bubblers need a 1" conduit back to the pad. You transition to 1.5" before the bottom with a sweep fitting and leave 12" of straight run to the bottom port. The side port is the water feed they have a quick disconnect fitting. I suggest going to their site and reading the tech info it has everything you need to do and very detailed. For gunite pools there is a trim kit needed I beleive

I just double checked the manual and there is a collar that gets glued at the plaster thickness before plaster. Then after plaster the light gets installed.

I do have to figure out what to do about the bubbler housing being too low.... Or maybe it's not an issue since the manual allows thick plaster??

Attachments

• 20200813_162205.jpg
    20200813_162205.jpg
    609.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200813_162157.jpg
    20200813_162157.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_20200813-201858_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20200813-201858_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 45
It's a good thing you caught it early instead of when the plaster was going in. Hopefully they can get it taken care of fairly quick for you

Hope so if they would call me back (kind of surprised it's difficult considering they haven't been paid yet)

Need input.... 2 interior companies said no issues with the floor the 1 the gunite company recommend had issues. Do I have the floor flashed to be safe or not? Any risk of flaking?

Regarding the bubbler...I could be wrong but from what I see, that collar you refer to and that is shown in the directions gets glued in AFTER plaster. That way the lip of the collar rests on top of the plaster. Sounds like the only issue is it not being straight?

As far as the gunite, you don’t want it smooth. It should be rough in order for the plaster to adhere better. The plaster company should pressure wash it briefly before applying plaster in order to remove any loose material. That’s what my plaster crew did.

Regarding the bubbler...I could be wrong but from what I see, that collar you refer to and that is shown in the directions gets glued in AFTER plaster. That way the lip of the collar rests on top of the plaster. Sounds like the only issue is it not being straight?

The red arrow should have gunite to the top of the flange the blue arrow gets installed just before interior at the level of the finished product from what I understand.

1597430983813.png

As far as the gunite, you don’t want it smooth. It should be rough in order for the plaster to adhere better. The plaster company should pressure wash it briefly before applying plaster in order to remove any loose material. That’s what my plaster crew did.

I'm tempted to leave the gunite alone since I have 2 companies that say it's not an issue (although the one today didn't bother stepping near the shell)

So with our thick bond beam we had an issue with our coping (12x24 wouldn't have any overhang on the spa) so we're looking at 16x16

Attachments

• IMG_20200815_091417.jpg
    IMG_20200815_091417.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20200815_091415.jpg
    IMG_20200815_091415.jpg
    541.9 KB · Views: 49

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.