Possible New Pool In Central FL

Tegguy

Oct 27, 2019
Winter Garden FL
Looking good pal! Going quickly as well
Unfortunately this hurricane is causing some issues we're not sure if we'll get gunite tomorrow. They're talking about flashing it of nothing else. I just bought a 28' x 59' tarp and plan to build some a frame structures in the pool to do my best to keep as much water away as I can

Tegguy

Oct 27, 2019
Winter Garden FL
Well with the hurricane the gunnite is going to push to Monday. They are going to come tomorrow and flash the shell to try to stabilize it just in case we get a bunch of rain. I will probably go buy some smaller blue tarps and drape them around the pool to try to keep water out of the excavated area around the pool.

Reactions: Spookie and kimkats

Tegguy

Oct 27, 2019
Winter Garden FL
Well not much to report today. They did come and flash the shell to protect it and I added some black plastic sheeting around the perimeter. I think we're pretty well protected but fingers crossed the storm just misses us.

Gunite is tenative for Monday.

Reactions: kimkats

spd500

Jul 20, 2020
Houston, TX
I would think anything rain would wash away would be superficial, but hopefully someone with more experience will weigh in. I am curious myself because we seem to be getting rain more often than usual now that we are trying to build a pool.

Tegguy

Oct 27, 2019
Winter Garden FL
@kimkats got any design ideas? Thinking about maybe using the columns or back wall as an accent so there isn't a whole wall of blue.

Coping snow white tumbled marble
Pavers light grey with black boarder

Here is the tile we were currently looking at (the one on the left) but we're thinking maybe that one isn't for us.

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I LOVE both of those tiles!! I will say the one on the right is not as "busy" as the one on the left but bot are very pretty!

Can you describe more of what you are thinking when you say "accent" and such............I would LOVE to have the whole wall those pretty blues but we all know how much I love BLING so........

Kim:kim:

Tegguy

Oct 27, 2019
Winter Garden FL
Can you describe more of what you are thinking when you say "accent" and such............I would LOVE to have the whole wall those pretty blues but we all know how much I love BLING so........

Kim:kim:
To be honest we aren't sure. We are more of a modern style but either the columns or the middle wall were talking to us saying to do something different here as accent features they both have a natural break so we're trying to think of what to do if anything (different color, shape, ECT). I had an idea about running the tile vertically instead of horizontal on just the columns.

Tegguy

Oct 27, 2019
Winter Garden FL
@kimkats Thanks for the links. The moasics are a little outside of our style but the 6x6 on the diamond might look decent. We do like how the tile looks we're just wondering if we want 50 sq ft of it or break it up.

I was thinking about doing the cap on the columns a different stone than the coping (like a black or grey) to go with the boarder around the patio.

TexasRain

May 19, 2020
San Antonio, TX
@kimkats got any design ideas? Thinking about maybe using the columns or back wall as an accent so there isn't a whole wall of blue.

Coping snow white tumbled marble
Pavers light grey with black boarder

Here is the tile we were currently looking at (the one on the left) but we're thinking maybe that one isn't for us.
I think using something different like a "wood look" tile would be very cool! And there are a lot of "wood" colors that would look great with the blue. set vertical. :giggle: