Possible lightening/power surge

Rokihunter

Bronze Supporter
May 20, 2016
North Augusta, SC
Last night, sitting on the porch, after a storm I noticed the pool lights were on. I grabbed the remote for the easytouch 4 to turn them off and got "no comms" message. We did not turn them on. Went out to the box and my surge protector's light was still green and nothing tripped. Tried to turn on the pump from the panel, nothing. The pump screen is blank. The heater breaker was off and I turned that on and the display was good on it. The only way I could cut off pool lights was to turn off the breaker. Pool is a year old. The display on the panel works, and am able to scroll through the options. How expensive could this be. My pump is a pentair Intelliflo vs.

If pool equipment was installed by a professional you are under warranty.

I would suggest calling your pool builder or Pentair and start a warranty claim.

Try using Service Mode on your ET and see if the pump can be controlled that way.

Start adding liquid chlorine and maintain your FC. Use a brush or swim to mix the water until your pump is operational.

Try turning all power off to the easytouch panel and restarting. On the remote try removing batteries then re install to see if that works. You can also unplug the power on the remote antennae at the panel to reset it also. I have had to do this before to get remote talking again. I also had to have warranty claim on circuit board inside antennae replaced.

Rok,

My neighbor took a direct lighting hit which took out a ton of stuff in his house... For me, pool wise, it took out the main board and SWCG power supply in the EasyTouch as well as the ScreenLogic Protocol Adapter. I called my pool builder and Pentair replaced it all in a few days... I also have a surge protector, but that only helps when the surge comes in on the AC power lines. I believe that mine came in on the hard wire between the ET and the Protocol Adapter in the house.

About 4 months later they had to replace the SWCG.. I suspect it was also compromised by the lightning hit... and just took time for it to fail.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.