PoolSkim?

Dave,

I assume your skimmer is not working as you like... I have seen mixed results with the "PoolSkim" in the posts I have read here at TFP.

The number one reason for poor skimming is a missing, or nonworking, weir door.

My pump runs at 1250 RPM and my pool skims just fine.. Skimmers do not reach out and suck things in that are in the middle of the pool. :) It just takes a little patience and time to let the skimmers work.. The key in my mind is not how fast they work, but is the basket full of stuff from the night before?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Search on Poolskim will find lots of comments. Seems to work in some pool environments and not others.

Dave,

I assume your skimmer is not working as you like... I have seen mixed results with the "PoolSkim" in the posts I have read here at TFP.

The number one reason for poor skimming is a missing, or nonworking, weir door.

My pump runs at 1250 RPM and my pool skims just fine.. Skimmers do not reach out and suck things in that are in the middle of the pool. :) It just takes a little patience and time to let the skimmers work.. The key in my mind is not how fast they work, but is the basket full of stuff from the night before?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks. The skimmer is working. Just approaching a time of year that it gets overwhelmed because of trees in my and neighbor's yards.

I run my pump 24/7 for other reasons but the added bonus is that leaves/pollen in the late/early Season don’t have 12-16 hours to settle on the bottom. When the crud is dropping I get 2 fully loaded baskets a day. Some stuff will settle regardless but I can only imagine how much of that would be on the bottom if I only ran 8 hours like a normal person.

Reactions: Divin Dave
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.