Polaris VRX IQ+

RetiredUSMC

Mar 14, 2024
Texas
Just purchased the VRX. Assembled everything and read instructions. Performed the first run and about an hour into the cycle there was an indication of dirty filter canister on the control unit and phone app. Performed the lift function and the filter basket had some debris. Cleaned it out and rinsed with fresh water. Resumed the cycle and in another hour had the same indication of full canister. Pulled it out again and there was only minimal sand or silt in the basket. There is a small rectangular sensor clear lens that seemed to be fogged up or had water. Is this lens supposed clear? Could this be water intrusion? Should I return for a new one? Seems to be an issue especially when the basket was not full. Basket contained minimal sand or silt on the screen. Please help.

Just purchased the VRX. Assembled everything and read instructions. Performed the first run and about an hour into the cycle there was an indication of dirty filter canister on the control unit and phone app. Performed the lift function and the filter basket had some debris. Cleaned it out and rinsed with fresh water. Resumed the cycle and in another hour had the same indication of full canister. Pulled it out again and there was only minimal sand or silt in the basket. There is a small rectangular sensor clear lens that seemed to be fogged up or had water. Is this lens supposed clear? Could this be water intrusion? Should I return for a new one? Seems to be an issue especially when the basket was not full. Basket contained minimal sand or silt on the screen. Please help.

I have this same model though I don't use the app. Just run it off the caddy. The dirty filter indication on the caddy comes on everytime I run it regardless of how much is in the canister.

I could be wrong but I don't think it actually monitors how full the canister is. It's more like the check lint screen indicator on a dryer. It's gonna come on every time it runs.

It doesn't matter to me because I take my bot out of the pool and rinse it every time I use it anyway.

Reactions: Newdude
I appreciate the response. When the cleaner initially cleans the dirty canister indicator is not on or lit. The clear sensor under the basket should not be fogged up with water. This is what is probably giving the false indication of a full canister. Paid good money for something not to work as advertised. Just saying

Hi there. I purchased a VRX iQ+ a couple of weeks ago and I too have the same canister full alert… I just ignore it. The clear rectangle that contains the blue lights does have some slight condensation. Idk if this is normal? Maybe others can chime in. The cleaner performs perfect for my needs.

All 3 of Y'alls keep us posted. Polaris robots hardly get a mention here which is odd because they're a major player.

TIA. :salut:

Reactions: TxHr
I have the Alpha IQ+, which is basically the same robot. I also see condensation in the canister light window so maybe it is normal. The canister full symbol does come on with only some debris inside. The robot doesn't actually stop cleaning when that lights up though so I mostly ignore it and just empty when it is done. We are all in Texas so I assume you are also getting various degrees of the pollen and little oak tree pod things that it comes from falling into the pool. Those tend to cake onto the bottom and sides of the basket so I can see how they would make the robot register full before it actually is.

Aside from that I've had it for about 6 months and have no complaints. It's easy to use and cleans very well. My pool builder highly recommended it, but the price is on the higher end compared to the some other recommended robots. I haven't used anything else though so I can't say if the extra cost is worth it or not yet.

I have the Alpha IQ+, which is basically the same robot. I also see condensation in the canister light window so maybe it is normal. The canister full symbol does come on with only some debris inside. The robot doesn't actually stop cleaning when that lights up though so I mostly ignore it and just empty when it is done. We are all in Texas so I assume you are also getting various degrees of the pollen and little oak tree pod things that it comes from falling into the pool. Those tend to cake onto the bottom and sides of the basket so I can see how they would make the robot register full before it actually is.

Aside from that I've had it for about 6 months and have no complaints. It's easy to use and cleans very well. My pool builder highly recommended it, but the price is on the higher end compared to the some other recommended robots. I haven't used anything else though so I can't say if the extra cost is worth it or not yet.
Thank you for sharing. Your sentiments are the same as mine. I’m pleased thus far and I hope to get many years out of this robot.