Bill1974

Jun 18, 2014
Hauppauge, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am planning on going SWG and changing to a CircuPool, Black & Decker or Calimar VSP.

I am aware that normally these pumps are intended to run all day or run most of the day then turn off and start the run sequence again the next day. Generally this would work for me but I would like more control and make it easier to adjust to the seasonal changes.

The for those that worked with this Interface Kit am I understanding that the the speed is programed at the pump and the on/off time for each speed is controlled by closing and opening an external relay across three terminals that correlate to 3 of the programmed speeds?

Does the external relay need to remain closed for the pump to run or is the runtime as programmed in the pump like the speed?
If more than one relay is close what speed will the pump run at?

When Remote Control Scheme 2 is used, does this just allow remote control of when the pump's programmed run time and speed sequence starts? or does this work differently?

Automation Interface Kit Manual

I'm not sure about Remote Control Scheme 2, but mine is setup with Remote Control Scheme 1.

When one or more relay is closed, the automation adapter wiring color controls the pump speed (in decreasing priority order: IN1/Black, IN2/White, IN3/Yellow). This post details how mine is set up - it's working well for me. You should be able to rig up something similar based on low-voltage relays instead of a full automation system:

You are correct in stating the the actual pump rpm for each speed is set on the pump controller.

Thanks gkw4815.

I have plans to use a Wi-Fi controlled relays and/or contactors. Currently using Wi-Fi light switches to control contactors for my single speed pump and Stenner pump. I'll have to see if there is room for a two or three more Wi-Fi light switches. I'd like the ability to override the current schedule with the simple touch of a button. Also makes it easy if I need to tell someone else do something if I am not around.

Just so I understand the priority control correctly, If IN1/Black, IN2/White are closed the pump will run at the highest speed?

Once IN1/Black is opened the pump slows down to speed 2 (provided IN2/White is closed and IN3/Yellow is open)?

Pump Speed #Pump Speed PriorityAutomation Adapter Wire ColorJandy RelayRunning Speed
11 (highest)BlackHigh Speed3300 rpm
22WhiteLow Speed1300 rpm
33YellowFilter Pump2500 rpm

More curiosity, is the Speed 4 button on the panel still able to be set to a different speed that is not accessible remotely? Thinking I could use this as a preset for manually vacuuming/backwashing/draining etc.

That is correct, except that if IN2 is closed, the open/closed status of IN3 is irrelevant since IN2 has higher priority.

Note that IN1 doesn't have to be associated with the highest speed (it will be whatever speed you set for Speed 1 on the control panel), but for my application it made sense to have it be associated with the highest speed.

Regarding your question about Speed 4 - I think you're correct but am not 100% sure.