Pool time chemicals

Re: Chlorine tablets

Has anyone had any luck with pool time Chlorine Max blue tablets I’m new to forum just wanted to know before I bought some?

Welcome!

Here at TFP, we do not promote the daily use of solid forms of chlorine. These products will contain other chemicals or minerals, like CYA (aka stabilizer), calcium, or even metals like copper. I believe that the ‘max blue’ tablets also contain copper in addition to CYA. High levels of CYA will require higher levels of FC to keep the water sanitary. Excess copper can stain pool surfaces and turn blonde/light colored hair green.

I recommend you stay away from those tablets.

For daily sanitation we recommend liquid chlorine, aka bleach. You can get higher strength bleach (10%-12.5% sodium hypochlorite) from most pool stores, or even the pool section of some department stores (eg Walmart). Common laundry bleach is usually 6%-8.25% sodium hypochlorite, and as long as it is not scented, splash-less, easy pouring, etc, it is fine for pool use.

Thanks for posting.

Be careful! While those tabs do have chlorine to sanitize, they also have copper. Over time, you have a potential situation where copper levels increase enough to make blonde hair green, effect nail color, and possibly stain the pool. Best to chlorinate with regular bleach or a salt water generator. MSDS

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.