Pool Pump Question, Adding 2nd?

VanillaaDelight

May 3, 2022
Kansas City, Mo
Bought in-laws house that has a pool. They use to have a slide buy removed it a few years ago and we are wanting to add an SR Smith slide for our daughter. The location of the slide is too far away from the main pump and then plumbing line for the original slide was cut at deck level and is un-usable.
In my head I feel like I could buy a 3/4 or 1 hp self priming pump for the slide. I would run PVC to the pool edge and then do a 90 into the water as my supply. I would cap the end for safety. But I am not sure if the flow rate would be too high. The slide is rated at either 20 or 25 GPM and the pumps I am looking at say they are between 50 and 60 GPM. That should drop some because the water will need to go up a little over 7 feet.
Is this a logical safe way to plumb the slide?
For electrical I will be able to run EMT conduit along the deck and out of the way. The slide will be towards the end of the pool that doesn't have much decking around it so there will not be any tripping hazards. (End of the pool only has 3'-4' of decking then rocks, slide will be on the side of the pool with 10' of decking)

The pump rating is under nominal conditions. You could add a throttling valve to the outlet, if necessary, but it's likely that once it hits the slide piping it will see enough resistance that reduces the flow considerably.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.