Hayward DE 4800 backwash valve

calstar

Feb 28, 2014
santa barbara, california
My Hayward DE 4800 backwash valve needs replacing. From searching the net I believe Hayward SP0410X502S is the part # for this filter. There are quite a few negative reviews on this valve, mostly stating the steel slide in the valve fails due to substandard material for the environment(rusts within a few months then begins leaking). The valve with the slide is about $120 or the slide alone is $90, makes sense to get the complete unit. Is there an alternative, does anyone have experience(good or bad) with this valve? thanks, Brian

My Hayward DE 4800 backwash valve needs replacing. From searching the net I believe Hayward SP0410X502S is the part # for this filter. There are quite a few negative reviews on this valve, mostly stating the steel slide in the valve fails due to substandard material for the environment(rusts within a few months then begins leaking). The valve with the slide is about $120 or the slide alone is $90, makes sense to get the complete unit. Is there an alternative, does anyone have experience(good or bad) with this valve? thanks, Brian
If you get just the piston assembly there is no re-plumbing involved. As long as the body is not damaged, that's the way to go. Not $90.00 here:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.