Pool Pilot Digital error messag

mpacker99

Jun 11, 2020
SC
I'm trying to determine if I need a new cell or if it's possible my cable is bad.

I'm getting "Warnings!Check/Cl" on my display when I look at test pool pilot it says cell = 32v 2.7A

The current cell RC 35/22 says it at has amp-hrs = 039473

Any way to determine if it's the cable or the cell that's bad?

I did take the cell tube out and looked in there, the metal plates look really clean and shiny, nothing built-up on it or anything.

Having a hard time getting any help from the guy that installed it. I don't really know much about this unit as it has been functioning fine since it was installed and i rarely have to do anything to our pool

The pool temp is 86 degrees right now and it does say i need to add 90lbs of salt (but we have been deluged with rain recently) and this error was coming up when there was no salt issue.

I just checked the amps when boost 24 is on and it says 32v 2.4a

I'm pretty sure this was installed originally in March 2016 and been running since then.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!
See if that article helps you out at all.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Hi! I've actually already gone through all of that, on the chart that shows high volts, low amps mine appears to be cell cord, scaled, cell, depleted cell, low salt, cold water issue. 32v and 2.7amps. i'm not sure what power level mine is on, how to tell or even how to change it.

since the water isn't cold, the issue was happening when it said i had good salt and the cell doesn't appear to have scales it appeared to me to be a cable or cell issue. is that what you would think? is there any way to tell if it's the cable or the cell? is 40k amp hours on the cell high or low for failure?

Your cell is depleted. You got a good life out of it with 4 years of giving you chlorine. Your chlorine cost you about $100/year.

Replace the cord when you replace the cell.

It would be helpful to answer your questions if we knew things like the size of your pool. Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

Reactions: setsailsoon
replaced the cell and it went back to work ... thanks

ajw22, why does the cord need to be replaced?

The pin connections in the cord wear and can cause you problems. It can look like a cell problem and be hard to tell the difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.