Pool Math........The App

What @mknauss said 👆

Future updates to PoolMath are going to allow the input of automation patterns so that FC can be automatically tracked over time instead of adding it as discreet SWG entries. PoolMath, as it currently stands, works great for tracking manual chlorination additions but lousy at accurately tracking continuous chlorination as is the case with SWGs.

Last edited:
Reactions: drsipe and Leebo
Is this the right place to submit Bug reports?

When exporting data on my iPhone, the text can not be seen at the top of the save window. It took me forever to find it. I had to scroll the gray area on my file list up to be able to see it. See screen caps.

IMG_7655.PNG. IMG_7656.PNG

@Leebo
Hi,

I live in Italy and the decimal separator is the comma.

The app is working correctly, but If I switch to the US settings, the app will request to input the data with the dot as decimal separator, but the it won't handle it ( eg.I enter 7.3, but it will record 73) . see attached screenshot.
BTW, I've tried to create a ticket in the support site, but I'm getting a "you have been restricted " :(

Attachments

• IMG_50065B31306F-1.jpeg
    IMG_50065B31306F-1.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
@Leebo
Hi,

The app is working correctly, but If I switch to the US settings, the app will request to input the data with the dot as decimal separator, but the it won't handle it ( eg.I enter 7.3, but it will record 73) . see attached screenshot.
BTW, I've tried to create a ticket in the support site, but I'm getting a "you have been restricted " :(
I also have this problem. My iphone language is English but Region is Norway - renders app unusable. Also switching between region messes with pool size

@Leebo
Hi,

I also have this problem. My iphone language is English but Region is Norway - renders app unusable. Also switching between region messes with pool size
Same problem with my iPhone. Set to Region Sweden I enter 7,2 for pH, gets stored as 72. Changing to Region US and entering 7.2 seems to work, but I need the phone set to correct region and it is a pain to switch each time I want to log a test result. Please fix, it used to work in a previous version of the app.

Reactions: COUNTYMOUNTY
What @mknauss said 👆

Future updates to PoolMath are going to allow the input of automation patterns so that FC can be automatically tracked over time instead of adding it as discreet SWG entries. PoolMath, as it currently stands, works great for tracking manual chlorination additions but lousy at accurately tracking continuous chlorination as is the case with SWGs.

How about tracking sanitizer additions via an in-line Automatic Chemical Feeder like the Hayward CL200. This is just a dial ranging from 0-8. It would be nice to track the dial setting over time.

20210812_101513.jpg

I'll jump on the suggestion bandwagon too!

On the free chlorine section, my Recommended shows 4.0 - 8.0

The target shows 6, if i change it to 8 it works until i back out of the screen...it doesnt save it. i have to change it each time. Not a huge deal, but my wife forgets to change it to 8...can we have it save the change?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How about tracking sanitizer additions via an in-line Automatic Chemical Feeder like the Hayward CL200. This is just a dial ranging from 0-8. It would be nice to track the dial setting over time.
Trichlor is not a sustainable method of chlorinating your pool. So no, I do not see the App tracking that. You are welcome to use the Notes section.

I'll jump on the suggestion bandwagon too!

On the free chlorine section, my Recommended shows 4.0 - 8.0

The target shows 6, if i change it to 8 it works until i back out of the screen...it doesnt save it. i have to change it each time. Not a huge deal, but my wife forgets to change it to 8...can we have it save the change?
That has been discussed previously and is something that was left. The app provides guidance based on your data input. If you wish to deviate from that, for good reason, you are welcome to. But we have felt the App needs to be consistent.

When I use my floater, I just input under chemical additions by selecting Trichlor and input 8oz for every puck I add i.e. 2 pucks would be 16 oz. So this captures how much chlorine was added to pool even though it may take 4-7 days to dissolve. But it also tracks the addition of CYA by doing this way. By using notes (put it at the same time so it is right next to your chemical addition), you can insert settings for a chlorinator or any other info you wish to have. I do not use a inline chlorinator any more, just the floater (when needed). but the app does track the total amount of chlorine being added. Your daily testing of FC would track the effectiveness of your settings.

currently there is no way however I can see where that would be a concern for somebody working on public pools. I’ll toss that idea down to look into. One idea however would be to get into the habit of frequently exporting your data to minimize the damage if it ever does occur.

Hi,
I've been a loyal user and premium subscriber of the app for quite some time now but recently deactivated my Google Play account. Is there any way to pay for the premium subscription without having a Google Play account?

How do I export chemical additions in a way that I can get amount, chemical and date, preferably in a csv.

Thanks!
If you go to the hamburger menu top left there is an export/import link there. Should see something like this once there

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210901-162206.jpg
    Screenshot_20210901-162206.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 2
I've been using the Leslie app since last year and it is pretty simple to use. Just enter the numbers and it tells me just what to add. No charge.

M

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.