Pool Math........The App

I've programmed time zones in the past. Absolute nightmare. Try comparing two and then reporting in a 3rd.
Please correct me if I’m wrong as I’m thinking this is a known issue, but let me make sure I’m following……..

If I’m guessing the logs on your personal device inside of the App are in fact showing the correct times. The time that’s incorrect however is when you view logs on TFP inside of the web browser. Are these assumptions correct?

Please correct me if I’m wrong as I’m thinking this is a known issue, but let me make sure I’m following……..

If I’m guessing the logs on your personal device inside of the App are in fact showing the correct times. The time that’s incorrect however is when you view logs on TFP inside of the web browser. Are these assumptions correct?
Not quite. The log times are correct in the app, but when I click on FC tile, for example, it suggests in the recommended tab that I tested "9 hours from now".

Interestingly enough, I just did a test (2:40PM) and it updated correctly. I fast-forwarded my Android phone to 8PM with a log entry of 6PM, and it shows the error. I've attached two screenshots. Seems very specific on the time of the log and the time on the device.

The logs on the website are incorrect but consistently incorrect. Looks like you are displaying based on the TZ of the application server, not the local TZ of the log entry. Not really a problem, per se other than if people need to know when you did a proper overnight test. It just looks like I'm so passionate, that I'm testing at 3am. Which isn't too far off :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220121-194243.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-194243.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20220121-194224.jpg
    Screenshot_20220121-194224.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I am in the US and have the same issue with the times but I just *try* to ignore it. :LOL: The app also doesn't always keep the correct amount of chemicals added...like it will suggest adding 109 oz of chlorine, so I do that, and pick the option that I added the selected amount but then when I look at my logs sometimes it says some other random number (like -1 oz...still trying to figure that one out).

Also, in Australia we use 15L drums of CL. Because we can.

Could we get that added to the app? 5L jugs doesn't cut it. We use that much to sanitise the spiders out of our pools.
Thank you so much for the Pool Math app!

I second @mooseau's request, it would be very nice to have our common formats added as I hate to use "rough approximations".

In my area (Melbourne):
  1. Liquid Chlorine is sold in 15L jugs: "125g/L available Chlorine, present as Sodium Hypochlorite"
  2. Acid is sold in 15L jugs: "330g/kg Hydrochloric Acid"
I had a look at aqua-calc.com and can't work out how to do the conversions to choose the right options in Pool Math for bleach or which Muriatic acid option is closest.

That is what I do. Not sure how, but bleach is now sticky at 12.5%, which is what us Aussies use. Agree, 15L drop down option for both CL and acid.

Thinking over the TZ issue, I recommend using the TZ associated with the weather post code, or adding a new TZ field to the pool. This would simplify TZ calculations for the developer, and clear up once and for all any TZ issues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool Math expires every day. I was charged for this year's renewal on 1/25/22. But since then, PM is always saying my subscription expires "today". I did "Restore Subscription" just now and it says it expires Jan 30 2022, 9:51 AM. What am I missing?

Pool Math expires every day. I was charged for this year's renewal on 1/25/22. But since then, PM is always saying my subscription expires "today". I did "Restore Subscription" just now and it says it expires Jan 30 2022, 9:51 AM. What am I missing?
Sent you a PM 👍

App Request
In the New Log section - under Perform Maintenance - can another activity be added?
Would like to have "Cleared Baskets". An alternative is to make an activity as "Other" that can be renamed based on user preference.
I know I can use the Notes section to put anything I need but would prefer to have under Perform Maintenance section.
Thanks for your consideration.

Reactions: needsajet and Leebo
Over the last few days @mknauss and @JoyfulNoise have been testing an update on iOS in which we’ve ironed out some bugs and added a few small items. As is we’re somewhat confident we’ve got some things stable but we don’t really have anybody on Android that’s able to test the beta version for us.

Is there any active TFP member here who’s somewhat tech savvy and on Android who is willing to test a few things for us?
Lee

Over the last few days @mknauss and @JoyfulNoise have been testing an update on iOS in which we’ve ironed out some bugs and added a few small items. As is we’re somewhat confident we’ve got some things stable but we don’t really have anybody on Android that’s able to test the beta version for us.

Is there any active TFP member here who’s somewhat tech savvy and on Android who is willing to test a few things for us?
Lee

I can take a look

Reactions: Newdude

Lee
I can as well if you'd like another.

Chris

Lee
I work part of my time as a .NET developer. (Though I do a bit with hardware too, I technically am a EE.) I have been majorly slacking off with the testing in the winter because I have a major cleanup to do in the spring anyway, but I could probably beta test if you'd like. (The water has been good when I test, mainly because of the SWCG.) Not looking forward to it as I probably have $600 worth of stuff to replace-- solar cover, TFP kit and filters, likely. It would be good to get me back into the swing of things TFP... Getting the pool ready is really only a few weeks off...

I am about as anti Apple as they come, I have multiple good reasons, too. So I am Android only...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.