Pool Math........The App

You should start seeing another minor update roll out today for both iOS and Android. In this updated we altered the math for a “Target” level for SWG’s as well as corrected a few bugs that were occurring. Additionally users using various keyboards shouldnow be able to use the comma for a decimal point.

Hi - in the PoolMath app when adjusting FC it asks me to input the "Bleach Chlorine %" I am using--- is this asking for the Total Available Chlorine as printed on the bottle, or the Sodium Hypochlorite % as as listed on the bottle (e.g. for my HD/Kroger jug, 8.25% Sodium Hypochlorite and 7.86% available chlorine --- should I be entering 7.86 in the app?) I searched on the forum but could not find this answer.

Also is it possible to have the app remember the last type of chlorine used? I always use this 8.25% in 121Oz jugs and buy in quantity, but after every log of my data when I next go in to FC it has somehow defaulted back to 10% in 128 Oz jugs (so I end up having to enter the jug size and percentage each time)

Any updates on when we might begin to see some new features?

As we go we’ve wanted to make sure we always keep an eye on stability in addition to features. We’ve seen what happens when that gets messed up. With that mindset we wanted to make sure as many of the known errors were corrected before moving forward. The last build should have taken care of all those errors. Hopefully you’ll see new stuff shortly.

Also is it possible to have the app remember the last type of chlorine used? I always use this 8.25% in 121Oz jugs and buy in quantity, but after every log of my data when I next go in to FC it has somehow defaulted back to 10% in 128 Oz jugs (so I end up having to enter the jug size and percentage each time)

Let me test this some. It should default to the last setting used.

As we go we’ve wanted to make sure we always keep an eye on stability in addition to features. We’ve seen what happens when that gets messed up. With that mindset we wanted to make sure as many of the known errors were corrected before moving forward. The last build should have taken care of all those errors. Hopefully you’ll see new stuff shortly.

Thanks for the response...of course, stability is key. I was just curious what's in the pipeline. :)

Thanks for the response...of course, stability is key. I was just curious what's in the pipeline. :)

This time of the year it’s all eyes on keeping up with Apple and Android. Over the last few weeks the developer has been testing the App on Nougat while I’ve been testing on iOS 11. Today I installed the finial version of iOS 11 before it goes live to the public and am making sure all works as expected. So far so good.

Also during this time I’ve been working on another project that I hope to launch very soon. I don’t wanna go into full details just yet but I’m very excited about how it’s turning out so far. :wink:

Thank you again for your support everybody!!!! We hope to get cracking on updates shortly.

This is a great app! One suggestion I have is on the bleach calculator, would it be possible to put some sort of grading system on the price per gal? Ie. Less than 24c is a green/great deal, 25-27c good deal, etc. (Just made up numbers here. I'm new to this so I have no clue if it's a good deal or not. Which is why I ask! Lol)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Since the latest update, the app crashes when I try to view an old log. Even if I just created the log, save it and try to reopen it, the app crashes. I'm running Android 8.

Can you email us at [email protected]?? with this issue. Include your device type (Galaxy 6 or whatever) and your operating system (Android 8).

We’ll get this sorted out as well!

This time of the year it’s all eyes on keeping up with Apple and Android. Over the last few weeks the developer has been testing the App on Nougat while I’ve been testing on iOS 11. Today I installed the finial version of iOS 11 before it goes live to the public and am making sure all works as expected. So far so good.

One thing I would like to ask...when creating updates for the app, PLEASE don't require users to upgrade iOS to the latest versions unnecessarily. I (and many others) am not one to upgrade iOS simply because Apple tells me too. If my devices are stable and do all I want them to, I see no point in upgrading just for upgrading sake. My 6S+ and ipad mini 4 are happily plodding along on iOS 9.3.x and I have no plans to change them in the near future. Thanks! :)

One thing I would like to ask...when creating updates for the app, PLEASE don't require users to upgrade iOS to the latest versions unnecessarily. I (and many others) am not one to upgrade iOS simply because Apple tells me too. If my devices are stable and do all I want them to, I see no point in upgrading just for upgrading sake. My 6S+ and ipad mini 4 are happily plodding along on iOS 9.3.x and I have no plans to change them in the near future. Thanks! :)
They may not be able to control this. It depends on the development kit apple requires and features they're utilizing within the app.

I manage a software company that does Android development, and sometimes were required to update our tools, which therein requires end user be up to date too. Although Android is much more lenient, Apple is generally not.

As Albert stated this is at times out of our control. At points support is dropped for older operating systems and developers are required to keep things updated as well. A perfect example of this is occurring with iOS11 when thousands of Apps will be removed from the App Store as Apple no longer supports 32bit Apps. That said, it’s every developers goal to get the App on as many devices as possible so we’ll make sure we do all we can to keep it open whenever possible.

Word of caution, just because your device is stable, doesn't mean you shouldn't update the OS. Most updates are more for closing security holes than features. Not sure about iOS, but for Android Google releases a monthly update specifically to close any security holes as soon as possible. Look up Blueborne. Effects basically every known Bluetooth device and allows a hacker to fully spy on you, even take pictures and video with your camera live, record audio from a smartwatch, and about anything else they can think of. IDK which OS version on Apple are effected, but pretty much every Android OS version prior to this latest security patch is effected.

Word of caution, just because your device is stable, doesn't mean you shouldn't update the OS. Most updates are more for closing security holes than features. Not sure about iOS, but for Android Google releases a monthly update specifically to close any security holes as soon as possible. Look up Blueborne. Effects basically every known Bluetooth device and allows a hacker to fully spy on you, even take pictures and video with your camera live, record audio from a smartwatch, and about anything else they can think of. IDK which OS version on Apple are effected, but pretty much every Android OS version prior to this latest security patch is effected.

Anything iOS 9.3.5 and higher is safe from BlueBorne. Apple products are much more immune to hacking and viruses simply because the OS and Apps are more tightly controlled. Notice there was yet another HUGE android infiltration through the use of a 3rd Party Antivirus app -

Alert over booby-trapped security software - BBC News

While everyone likes to pile on Apple and complain about how long it takes to get apps developed and approved, at least you count on it being secure (unless you take dangerous risks and jail-break an iPhone).

That said, I agree that updating is more likely to keep you safer than leaving a device with a stable but flawed OS. Apple rarely goes back and patches anything below its most current release. So any device running an iOS < 10 is likely vulnerable to infiltration.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.