Pool Math........The App

Anyone else having issues with adding a log entry on the latest Android version? Just keeps opening the log entry that is behind the add new entry button.

Also not sure why we lost the add new log entry button on the overview window.

when inputting a log entry it seems like i have to tap the category 3 times to get my keyboard to pop up

other than that its a nice app

I am having problems adding log entries as well. Not only do I have the keyboard problem like you, my logs do not seem to be saved at all. Plus the only way to enter a new log seems to be to go to the LOGS tab. Though it acts like you are entering something, it does not save it. I am on an android phone.

Anyone else having issues with adding a log entry on the latest Android version? Just keeps opening the log entry that is behind the add new entry button.

Also not sure why we lost the add new log entry button on the overview window.

The developer is seeing this error as well on Android. He will look into it shortly.

Many users have already been tracking their data in an Excel spreadsheet and now are hoping to import this data into the PoolMath app. I'm gonna show you today how to import data from Excel into PoolMath.

The first step is to save your Excel .csv file into the cloud for access on your device. Once that's complete we'll jump onto the device and open that companies App. For this demo I used iCloud Drive. Next find the file you wish to import and open it. Here the file I'm looking for is titled "Export Logs."
IMG_9293.jpg

Open the file and it should look like the following,
IMG_9291.jpg

Now, click on the "share" button on the lower left hand corner and find the PoolMath App from the list of apps.
IMG_9292.jpg

Click on it and it'll open the import page on PoolMath.
IMG_9296.jpg

Once you're on this page select which pool you wish to import the data into and PoolMath will import into that pool. Additionally you'll see any fields with errors that you may wish to correct that PoolMath cannot import. Click on Import Now and PoolMath will find your data and import it into the App. :) While PoolMath will TRY to import data from any .CSV file it is limited in accuracy as Jon mentioned above. For best results I would suggest spending a few minutes on a desktop and copy/paste your data into this file on Excel. This will make sure PoolMath knows what fields are what when importing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Given that we're adding TFP login support, would anyone be devastated if we removed Microsoft and Twitter as login options (but kept Facebook and Google) ?

I'd be happier if you kept Microsoft and Google login support. I would never use Facebook to log into anything but Facebook. With Microsoft and Google, you can log in with any Microsoft based email address (Live, Hotmail, etc) or a Gmail account. You can even open a new account on either just for your PoolMath use.

I'd be happier if you kept Microsoft and Google login support. I would never use Facebook to log into anything but Facebook. With Microsoft and Google, you can log in with any Microsoft based email address (Live, Hotmail, etc) or a Gmail account. You can even open a new account on either just for your PoolMath use.

Google and Facebook are already set to stay. It's not so much for the end user why we're looking to drop Twitter and Microsoft, more for the development itself of the App. Currently the way the App uses Googles and Facebooks login we don't have to make any changes once we go live. Microsoft and Twitter however will need some additional work to be completed before we launch.

Additionally for many of the forum members this likely won't be an issue. We are setting up a method right now where TFP users don't have to use any other social login. A TFP user will be able to login to PoolMath using their existing TFP UserName and password. Below is a sample login page that we're working on now. We still need to add some options for TFP login (register, forgot PW, and so forth) before we start testing if it even works.
IMG_9289.jpg

What we're wondering, is it worthwhile for users to still have the option of Twitter or MS given the choice now of using TFP? It will create more work before launch (more work=more time) but it is an option we can do if it benefits users greatly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.