Pool Math........The App

Hey folks, wanted to chime in here again with the current state of things.

First of all, thank you so much to everyone who took part in the beta process. Your input and feedback was extremely helpful!

Next, as some users have already experienced, this was a beta. There are always issues and disruptions with beta products. I want to emphasize the important of not relying on this app while it's in beta to not lose your data. We're trying hard not to make that happen, but please please please backup your data manually for now.

We had hoped to have the apps in the stores by now, but there have been some additional delays due to Apple being very strict about the submission process. For some reason, they have decided our app copies too much from TroubleFreePool without proper consent. Now, at face value this is pretty funny since of course, this app is fully sanctioned and even being submitted through TroubleFreePool's developer account. We are working on getting Apple the info they need.

Part of this process has been to migrate our developer account to an organization account (this means TroubleFreePool will actually be displayed in the store as the owner). This should help clear up the confusion.

Finally, this migration process means the beta test sign up is not going to work properly, and as we prepare for app store submission, we are going to consider the public beta period over and closed.

We're working hard to get the app on the store ASAP. Thanks for your patience, and looking forward to getting it into everybody's hands!

Will this closed beta period render the preliminary app unusable? [emoji15] I already rely heavily on it.

The app will still be usable, I would just suggest keeping your data somewhere else in parallel. This was mentioned early on, but perhaps we should have mentioned it over and over. Beta apps should generally never be considered completely stable, so I would not ever rely on them with data :)

That said, we're going to do everything we can to try and make the transition to the app store apps perfectly smooth.

A warning for those of you that choose to try the beta of the pool math....

Do not under any circumstances put your smart phone in your shirt pocket while attempting to get your water sample. I learned the hard way that my IPhone 7 wanted to test the water itself. ? Not saying that the app had anything to do with it but it is a beta version so maybe ?

For all of you that are wondering, my phone survived the dip in the pool ? but it didn't obtain the test results so I think I may have found a bug ? It was only in there for a second or two while I watched it starting to sink maybe I should have left it in longer.

Actually I jumped in after it and grabbed it before it hit the bottom. I shook the water off it then powered it off and my wife put in front of a fan for 4 hours. No damage to be seen and I am writing this tale on it as I speak.

I hope you learned something from my mistake and enjoyed my story.

You are getting just a little in front of the developers. We will have to wait a bit longer for the version that allows you to simply stick your iPhone in the pool to take all your readings.

Do not under any circumstances put your smart phone in your shirt pocket while attempting to get your water sample. I learned the hard way that my IPhone 7 wanted to test the water itself. [emoji15] Not saying that the app had anything to do with it but it is a beta version so maybe [emoji848]

For all of you that are wondering, my phone survived the dip in the pool [emoji474] but it didn't obtain the test results so I think I may have found a bug [emoji23] It was only in there for a second or two while I watched it starting to sink maybe I should have left it in longer.

Actually I jumped in after it and grabbed it before it hit the bottom. I shook the water off it then powered it off and my wife put in front of a fan for 4 hours. No damage to be seen and I am writing this tale on it as I speak.

Put it in a closed container of fresh white rice (uncooked) as the rice acts as a desiccant and will remove trace amounts of water.

Do not under any circumstances put your smart phone in your shirt pocket while attempting to get your water sample. I learned the hard way that my IPhone 7 wanted to test the water itself. ? Not saying that the app had anything to do with it but it is a beta version so maybe ?

For all of you that are wondering, my phone survived the dip in the pool ? but it didn't obtain the test results so I think I may have found a bug ? It was only in there for a second or two while I watched it starting to sink maybe I should have left it in longer.

The 7 should have saved you as it is "water resistant" - still not quite as good as some Androids, but I've seen several people go up to 5' of water undamaged - I don't recall what Apple says you should be able to do for depth without damage, but you should have been able to just wipe it off and go on.

I mentioned this in my original post to this thread but when i re-edited it i accidently cut this part out.

This story happened a few weeks ago and i posted it in the wrong forum. I thought some of you might get a kick out of it. The phone is fine. I shook off the excess water, turned it off and put it in front of a fan for a few hours. No side effects have been noticed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wanted to give all a quick update.

I'm crossing my toes the migration to Organization is just about complete. We are now waiting on the IRS to verify with Apple all the Tax ID info then we should be all set. From there we should be able to resume testing the App and hopefully get this darn thing in the stores.

So is Apple holding up getting it in the Google play store too? :-D

You can thank Apple later for making sure that the Android app that gets launched is free of nasty viruses ( **cough** unlike most Android apps **cough** **cough**) or hasn't been developed by overseas "programmers" who just steal the intellectual properties of others (**cough** unlike Android **cough** **cough**)....

:laughblue:

Ya know, at first when we were rejected I was ticked. That is, until I looked at things from the other side of the table. Apple had NO idea who we were. We were using a TON of TFP's content (well duh) and they had NO idea if we had the legal right to. While it's funny looking at it, I'm glad we're having these issues. I'd rather deal with legal headaches now before launch and protect our work than to have others "borrow" our work.

Hello! I have been reading this thread and see a lot of updates made for the Apple version, however not so much on the Android. A few weeks ago I had lost my information, and then was able to reset up my pool information, but when I go to try to set up a log, and just get a message that the app has stopped. Is the Android still being worked on?

Nothing is available right now. Beta is closed. Android is finished except the final update. As soon as the Apple version is finished and approved the Android version will get the final update and get put into the play store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.