Pool Liner Floating at closing

Mikfor

May 3, 2019
Libertyville
Last October for the first time in 18 years my pool liner located in the Chicago area floated at closing causing me numerous wrinkles at opening this spring. I had to drain and reset the shallow end of the liner to get out the wrinkles due to size and quantity. The issue is the my lounger has 2 jets 6" lower than normal returns. Due to the heavy rains and the amount of water i had to remove the liner floated. I played around with a sump pit but due to the high cost and and complexity I don't think it makes sense. However due to the amount of rain this year I am assuming this could happen again this fall. My only other option is to use a Duck Plug or Bungee Plug on those two jets when I close. I am planning on using the standard screw in plugs on the other returns. Any recommendation on which one is better? Any other brands out there? Or any other suggestions? Thanks

Reactions: gonfishin
During closing I drain the water below the lounger jets and that is when the liner will possibly float. The other jets/inlets are 6" higher. So the thought is I will only drain below the normal jets (no floating) and use a one way plug on lounger jets. I am worried about the one way plug failing causing lines to freeze over winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.