Altamont NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Every spring when I open the pool the vinyl liner has floated because the ground water is so high. It is a real pain to fix and I never get all the wrinkles out. Has anyone found a solution to this? I was thinking I might put some weights or sand bags around the perimeter this year. Any idea if that would work?

Attachments

• E784C9C8-CD11-4500-AF1A-37F0A14FDDFD.jpeg
    E784C9C8-CD11-4500-AF1A-37F0A14FDDFD.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 27
  • 3FEC2E1A-87BA-4CD0-B992-C8428E62F994.jpeg
    3FEC2E1A-87BA-4CD0-B992-C8428E62F994.jpeg
    559.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 24869B77-A8AA-4C09-8811-D645C6581EFE.jpeg
    24869B77-A8AA-4C09-8811-D645C6581EFE.jpeg
    544.9 KB · Views: 27
Well points around the pool along with ensuring proper drainage away from the deck & pool area.

Reactions: Newdude
Well points around the pool along with ensuring proper drainage away from the deck & pool area.
That sounds like a great idea. I have read through the linked article and still am not sure if the well point needs to be attached to an electric pump or if the water is supposed to flow out on its own along this new path of least resistance.

still am not sure if the well point needs to be attached to an electric pump or if the water is supposed to flow out on its own along this new path of least resistance.
Unless you had an area below the deep end of the pool for gravity to take the ground water away, you'd need to pump it out.

Chances are, if you lived on a big enough hill that that was possible, you wouldn't have had the ground water problem in the first place. So almost everyone who has the issue will need to pump it out with force.

Sump pits are easier to install when the pool is being built verses after. It can be done. If this were my pool, I'd start digging.

They can be a bit expensive & sometimes complicated to add later depending upon how much concrete you have around your pool but it can be done. Call around & get some quotes.
Addressing any run off from your house/roof or surrounding areas is also extremely important.

Following up on this old thread. I haven’t installed any well-points or sump pump but last winter I left the water level considerably higher than I have in the past when closing, just below the skimmer. I was worried it would flood but it didn’t and come opening this spring the liner hadn’t budged.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.