Austin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
I seldom use my pool lights, but just tried them (there's one at each end), and no go. They were fine maybe 6 months ago. What's the best way to diagnose? I added SWG to my timer panel, but pretty sure I didn't disconnect anything there. No breakers are blown. Pump, SWG and heat pump all fine. Would they be on a gfi circuit? There's a separate breaker box by the pool equipment, but all looks good there. Not sure where to start.

Well, as soon as I mentioned gfi, I remembered an outlet attached to the timer box. Sure enough, it was tripped. All good, lights not blowing the GFI. Something could have gotten wet for sure.

Reactions: Poolbreh
Hi tcat, can you upload some pictures of your equipment?
Btw can you hear your transformer humming when you switch on the lights?
Transformer? Where might that be? Aren't pool lights 120v? I do have a garden transformer that runs 12v lights, but pool lights are on a switch. I think both are on the same circuit since both were out with the tripped breaker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.