pool lights not fixed solid to the side

tagteamcomputing

Gold Supporter
Feb 7, 2017
Tulsa, OK
As a new pool owner i thought my pool lights would be fixed solid to the side. Meaning, I didn' think you would be able to move them at all. They would be sealed and in tight. However, when i fiddle with my lights they move side to side and I can pull them out a bit.

Is this normal behavior for pool lights??

I don't have a light but have seen several and read about them on here. The ones I have helped with have one screw at the top to hold them in the niche. The lights are sealed as in the bulb is inside a sealed case. The light can be removed by unscrewing the one screw and pulling the light out of the niche and placed on the deck while the niche is cleaned or such.

I hope this helps.

Kim:kim:

I suppose that makes sense. You have to be able to change the bulbs somehow. I am just curious how it all works without having an electrical fiasco lighting YOU up instead of the light bulb. I can understand about pulling it out but does it have some kind of socket that it plugs in to that is waterproof? I will google it and see what i get.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.