pool light gasket

Jun 5, 2016
Matawan nj
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
My light is no longer working. I'm thinking of replacing the bulb myself since it looks easy enough to do. i understand that i'll most likely have to replace the gasket as well once i open the casing. Is there a way to find out the correct size gasket without taking it out of the pool? I'm trying to save myself the extra step of having to remove it , replace it and then remove it all again when i get the bulb and gasket. It's a sylvan pool but on their website they had multiple options.
Also , does anyone have a bulb recommendation? The plain white LED bulbs i've seen are priced around $50-$60 and the changing color LEDs are only $80-$90 so i thought I'd get one of those b/c they look fun.
Thank you

Since Anthony/Sylvan pools had parts made for them, and they have been out of business for decades, it would still be good to see a picture. It could just be a re-named light.
You may need to replace the whole light, which, given the age of the light, is really your best and safest option. Be sure there is a GFCI in the light circuit.

Reactions: Newdude
Since Anthony/Sylvan pools had parts made for them, and they have been out of business for decades, it would still be good to see a picture. It could just be a re-named light.
You may need to replace the whole light, which, given the age of the light, is really your best and safest option. Be sure there is a GFCI in the light circuit.
ok thanks

finally got to take the light out. The only markings on it say swimquip 5055-11. Searching online i can only find replacements for 5057, I guess bc my model is so old. I orderd one and hoping that it fits. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.