Pool Leak - please help

There may be good news here as the water level seems to be at or getting close to the leak. The light niche is now exposed just slightly under the trim ring. The hole under the deck has dried up considerably.
That is great news. You may be cracking the code on that pesky leak after all.

Nope. Didn't get in the pool or drop a camera in. All he did was stick his hand in and fill up the conduit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's gotta be that niche since the hole is now drying up.

- - - Updated - - -

But, I would have thought the dye in the niche would have disappeared at the rate the water was coming out.

With camera & hydrophones so inexpensive these days, it blows my mind every tech isn’t rolling with them..
Dye has to be funneled in still water very close to the leak, then you get a nice ink “ribbon.”

Anyway,
Go to HD or Lowes & drop 10 bucks on an inspection mirror.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I believe this is where the leak stops since all the water in the dug hole is now gone. I think It is in the same spot as it was yesterday. Everything that I read would indicate this is a conduit leak. However, the pool tech plugged it and there was still water filling the hole after and the level dropping. I did find that liner tear after, but it was at the shallow end of the pool and lower grade than the hole so that couldn’t be it filling the hole.

Suggestions?

Just a thought, but while the pool guy seemed to have plugged the inside of the conduit, I wonder if he missed examining the back collar portion of that area? Since you mentioned he never used a scope, mirror, glasses, or anything else to really check it out, I wonder if there's a small crack right at the back of the niche shell where the water is seeping-out from there as opposed to actually leaking out of the conduit itself? See this image as an example. Not cracked where the conduit slips into the niche, but in the niche itself? Depends on how your tech epoxied that area. Poolguy may have another thought, but that's all I got right now.

dbtgallery.php

He put a huge amount of putty in the conduit and surrounding areas. The niche itself didn’t seem to be cracked when I examined it myself yesterday. I would think with the amount of water pouring out, there’s going to be a visible crack. If I call out a tech again, it’s going to be one who actually looks in the niche and not just feels around to putty. He was against getting in the water and didn’t use a mirror or camera. Since he didn’t put eyes on it, maybe his putty didn’t even fix it.

if this is something I can fix myself, I’d rather do it since the expert didn’t exactly fix it. Now that the water is out of the hole and seems to have stabilized, I think we at least isolated the level at which the leak is occurring.

Do you agree with PoolguyinCT that the gasket is extremely unlikely to be the cause?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.