Pool Equiptment Turned Itself on and I Cannot Stop It

Aug 10, 2016
The Woodlands, TX
I have a year old in ground pool with spa and two water features. Spa does not have a control panel in it but I do have a wireless remote for the pool. This morning I work up and both waterfalls were running. I grabbed the remote, turned them off, which at first the remote seemed not to respond to, but then they went off. About an hour later I saw they were running again along with the pool. I grabbed the remote but this time it would not turn them off so I went to the box by the equipment and still the buttons would not respond. I have checked all the schedules and even deleted the only one I have for pool and cleaner (do not have water features on schedule). Only way to stop the pool was switching to service mode, but when I switch back to auto everything kicks on again so I am leaving in service for now. Any ideas what this could be? I am in Houston and last night was the coldest of the year thus far but still just above freezing in case that matters....

Freeze protection runs continuously if below 35 deg. as long is it set ON within your EasyTouch. If you disable it on your EasyTouch, the internal pump freeze protection takes over. It runs 10 sec every minute. Only way to turn that off is remove the power to the pump.

If you look closely at your display, and If you are in a freeze protect mode, it will display this with either the word freeze or an abbreviation (FRZ) somewhere on the display. Variations of the freeze display will depend on your manufacturer.

What automation do you have?

Joe, as James requested, it would be beneficial to the forum members to know what system you have in order to help you. I am positive that what you experienced was the safety feature that initiates water flow movement in your system to prevent possible freezing and damage to your piping and other when near temps reach threshold of 33-35 degrees Fahrenheit - good luck - tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.