Pool company guy screwed up...

Good plan. I would aim the return to not break the surface.

Do you want the constant spa spillover? Do you have automation?

It looks nice but I’m relatively indifferent. Pool mode makes it flow over. Spa mode stops it, but I lose circulation on the pool.

What automation system do you have?
Nothing fancy. Some Jandy handles on the equipment and a Jandy PDA. Pool mode or spa mode. Can turn on/off booster pump for spa, lights, cleaner.

Attachments

• 81FC1341-8443-45B4-8F83-468DBA54A0DC.jpeg
    81FC1341-8443-45B4-8F83-468DBA54A0DC.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 7
So I assume a Jandy Aqualink? Can you take a picture or list the information off the Automation enclosure near your pool equipment?

I have had very good luck just using the oz marking on my measuring cup. Using it I have always hit my desired levels. MUCH easier to do right by the pool with out the extra steps of the scale. In fact I am lowering my TA right now due to putting in a new liner so new water. I have hit the mark each of the time I used Pool Math to find my dose for m.a. I also use a pinch of salt instead of measuring out when cooking so............have not ruined too many meals LOL

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Pperc
I have had very good luck just using the oz marking on my measuring cup. Using it I have always hit my desired levels. MUCH easier to do right by the pool with out the extra steps of the scale. In fact I am lowering my TA right now due to putting in a new liner so new water. I have hit the mark each of the time I used Pool Math to find my dose for m.a. I also use a pinch of salt instead of measuring out when cooking so............have not ruined too many meals LOL

Love it. How do you measure out solids?

Here’s my testing numbers from tonight. This is after a few hours of about 10 adults and 6 toddlers in the pool. I have my other recent results below that including what I did today with the acid.

My FC did come down a bit due people being in the pool but I suspect that’s ok that my SWG didn’t quite keep up given I could probably stand to come down a bit anyways. CYA is holding steady, but I’ll wait until the end of the week to add more if it doesn’t come up further.

Anything else I should be doing in the meantime @mknauss? Should I worry about salt or calcium hardness yet? Or just wait until pH hits 8 again and bring back down to 7.4 with acid to work on TA letting the other stuff sit in the meantime?

Also, my pool water level is maybe a couple of centimeters below the middle of the tiles now. How critical is it to fill just for those centimeters?

------------------------------------------
Test Results 05-27-2019 @ 09:45 PM
Free Chlorine: 6.0
Combined Chlorine: 1.0
pH: 7.5
Total Alkalinity: 110
Calcium Hardness: 250
CYA: 50
Salt: 2800
Temperature: 86°F
CSI: -0.15

Test Results 05-27-2019 @ 02:31 PM
pH: 7.4
CSI: -0.21

Test Results 05-27-2019 @ 01:09 PM
Free Chlorine: 8.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.5
pH: 7.7
CSI: 0.08

Chemical Addition 05-27-2019 @ 01:09 PM
+ 28 FluidOunces of Baume31

Chemical Addition 05-27-2019 @ 11:38 AM
+ 32 FluidOunces of Baume31

Test Results 05-26-2019 @ 09:07 PM
Free Chlorine: 8.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.5
pH: 8.0
Total Alkalinity: 120
Calcium Hardness: 250
Salt: 2800
Temperature: 86°F
CSI: 0.38

Test Results 05-25-2019 @ 12:12 PM
Free Chlorine: 16.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 8.2
Total Alkalinity: 140
Calcium Hardness: 275
Salt: 2600
Temperature: 85°F
CSI: 0.69

Test Results 05-25-2019 @ 08:09 AM
Free Chlorine: 0.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 7.6
Total Alkalinity: 120
Calcium Hardness: 240
CYA: 10
Salt: 2600
Temperature: 80°F
CSI: -0.03

Test Results 05-24-2019 @ 04:56 PM
Free Chlorine: 3.0
Combined Chlorine: 3.0
pH: 7.4
Total Alkalinity: 90
CYA: 40
Salt: 3000
Temperature: 80°F
CSI: -0.41

Looks good. Add water when it drops by a 1/2 inch or so.

We can see your Poolmath logs so no need for you to put them in the post. Click your Member name and you can see them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks good. Add water when it drops by a 1/2 inch or so.

We can see your Poolmath logs so no need for you to put them in the post. Click your Member name and you can see them.
Thanks. The water may be that far down, I’ll check tomorrow. And get you a picture of the automation enclosure as well.

Take a look at the above. You can reduce your testing.

Take a look at the above. You can reduce your testing.
Makes sense, just scared to miss something at this point. I discovered a small drip from the pipe out of the booster pump for the spa yesterday night. Not something I want to fix myself so another call to the PB is coming.

Liquids and solids (CYA powder) are both done in the measuring cup. It has worked for me all of these years. In fact I will be using Pool Math this morning and measuring out some CYA to add to a sock in front of my return. With a pool so long as it is close then it is close enough.

We have members with a wide range of pool sizes - from 5,000 gallons to over 40,000 gallons. The effect of being off in measuring chemicals becomes smaller as the pool size increases.

Measuring chemicals precisely can be important for a small pool. As the pool gets larger the need to be precise decreases.

We have members with a wide range of pool sizes - from 5,000 gallons to over 40,000 gallons. The effect of being off in measuring chemicals becomes smaller as the pool size increases.

Measuring chemicals precisely can be important for a small pool. As the pool gets larger the need to be precise decreases.
Makes sense! Thanks

Question on CH testing: I've been doing the 10 mL (that's what my kit instructions say - did they ever say 25mL?). Do I stop the drops once the color turns or do I keep going until the color stops changing altogether? I've been stopping once I see it turn blue, but I'm reading that I should keep going until the color stops changing altogether. I wonder if that's why my CH levels have been lower than range. Am I underestimating?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.